Other fans perceptions of us.

I rarely talk to fans of other clubs these days as the usual crap the media post about us comes pouring out, plus their own bile. Last night I made an exception but sadly it went as expected.

I'm sitting in a pub in Didsbury watching the Arsenal game, my mates are half watching, half not. Anyway just before the start of the second half this couple come in, early sixties and ask if they can sit next to me. No problem. They start chatting, they are from Leicester, here for the weekend. They've just had a meal and are staying in Deansgate and ask me where the tram station is for getting back. They seem a nice couple. Then we start talking about football. They support Leicester, or so they say, more on that later.

The chat is reasonable at first then it starts. He reckons they have the best owners, then it's we do it the right way, win trophies without spending a fortune. Then it's Pep only wins because he manages clubs with money, he couldn't do it at lower clubs. This is when I go from being polite to having a pop back at these pricks. As I educate them a little he actually apologised for slagging us off saying he was a bit out of order. This shows how much the years of constant anti City shite spouted by the media affects people's perception of us as a club and our fanbase. I realised they are absolute half wits when they said Messi, arguably the best player that has ever been, should have stayed at Barcelona and played for NOTHING if he loved the club so much instead of crying on TV. You really couldn't make it up.

They saved the best until last though. As the conversation widened with others,as they left he mentioned they were going to do a tour of the swamp tomorrow,!!! Apparently it was his birthday treat. So he was probably a rag who now supports his local side as they're not doing too badly these days. I was gutted they left because I really wanted to discuss this little gem with him.

I hope the cunts are both in bed ill with food poisoning this morning and he misses the tour!!
I’d have told him to behave himself or pick a window!

I rarely talk to fans of other clubs these days as the usual crap the media post about us comes pouring out, plus their own bile. Last night I made an exception but sadly it went as expected.

I'm sitting in a pub in Didsbury watching the Arsenal game, my mates are half watching, half not. Anyway just before the start of the second half this couple come in, early sixties and ask if they can sit next to me. No problem. They start chatting, they are from Leicester, here for the weekend. They've just had a meal and are staying in Deansgate and ask me where the tram station is for getting back. They seem a nice couple. Then we start talking about football. They support Leicester, or so they say, more on that later.

The chat is reasonable at first then it starts. He reckons they have the best owners, then it's we do it the right way, win trophies without spending a fortune. Then it's Pep only wins because he manages clubs with money, he couldn't do it at lower clubs. This is when I go from being polite to having a pop back at these pricks. As I educate them a little he actually apologised for slagging us off saying he was a bit out of order. This shows how much the years of constant anti City shite spouted by the media affects people's perception of us as a club and our fanbase. I realised they are absolute half wits when they said Messi, arguably the best player that has ever been, should have stayed at Barcelona and played for NOTHING if he loved the club so much instead of crying on TV. You really couldn't make it up.

They saved the best until last though. As the conversation widened with others,as they left he mentioned they were going to do a tour of the swamp tomorrow,!!! Apparently it was his birthday treat. So he was probably a rag who now supports his local side as they're not doing too badly these days. I was gutted they left because I really wanted to discuss this little gem with him.

I hope the cunts are both in bed ill with food poisoning this morning and he misses the tour!!

I go the other way with this stuff. Agree with them about how City are terrible and ruining football. Bring up dodgy sponsorships, oil, human rights the lot. Then wait for the inevitable mock horror of "how can you support such a despicable club" and reply "because we're fucking massive and I love it".

Tends to wind them up, good fun

I go the other way with this stuff. Agree with them about how City are terrible and ruining football. Bring up dodgy sponsorships, oil, human rights the lot. Then wait for the inevitable mock horror of "how can you support such a despicable club" and reply "because we're fucking massive and I love it".

Tends to wind them up, good fun
Exactly!! :

This guy sounds like the brother I never had.
Always Blue Always Pround and I go to war with anyone who says different.
when you have done the old millwall away today’s scrotes are fuck all, stand and fall on the ground that you are on I run from no one and never will CTID
Tremendous I've not got a brother I've got 2 younger sisters who are total city we layed our dad's ashes on Maine road in 1991 one life one love one CITY ps I did all the Millwall s away in the day before the ban watched it at Maine Road when Mr s Riley went incognito + Jane +Wilkie pp made the trip

Although I've not been abroad for a year I tend to not wear anything City anymore, it's not worth the hassle of dicks in the airport, hotel, beach etc gobbling off, especially when I've got Mrs Moon with me.

Even within my group of mates I rarely talk football as it becomes City bingo or it's my fault I don't like what they say.

Life was much easier when we were shit for everyone. ;)

You get exposed to a lot don't you?.

Cheats and can’t fill our ground.

I am more interested in the definition of a fan? Most are idiots. The few that are genuinely lovers of the game you can have a decent discussion with banter thrown in.

It’s really the perception of the average football fan who is casting idiotic unfounded accusations at City.

Not worth the breath unfortunately. You would get more sense out of the mrs :)

Most are idiots.

Really all that needs to be said.

English football is incredibly tribal compared to even other major sports, even lower-division teams like Luton and Crewe and Stoke hear "your town is a shithole" all the time even though they're never challenging for major trophies. Point is people will find SOMETHING to slag off basically any club about.

Social media has made it 50x worse. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, most people who like to run their mouths are idiots. Look at the state of American politics these days if you don't believe me.

Why people take this personally I don't know, as I've said elsewhere the rags got far more shite off other fans back in the nineties . The difference was they had a slavish media on their side however c***s like Christian had the piss ripped out of them on satyrical shows if they dared show their rag allegiance. Who wants to go back to being loved for being shit, it must be said didn't feel much affection at third level clubs when we were down there. Best response to City bingo etc is to tell them to f**k off simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.