other side of a tit-for-tat pointless argument

charliebigspuds said:
IFeedGoats said:
charliebigspuds said:
agree completely, but loyalty should be rewarded, the people that turned up in horrible weather at the PSG, Twente etc game's should be looked after.

I disagree, loyalty should be rewarded but on the loyalty points basis!
Someone who has 4000 pts who couldn't make the euro games misses out to someone who has 60pts from going to a few cheap Euro games doesn't make sense imo.
understand your arguement but i've just got back from COMS and a guy in front of me at the queue was told he couldn't buy a ticket today because they were just going to season ticket holder's, he explained that he'd been to every home game this season but couldn't afford a season ticket in one payment, He left COMS without a ticket. I'm happy that season ticket holders get first choice (i'm one of them) but i have two mate's who have season tickets and they haven't been to any cup game's this season but are deciding to turn up for this. I suppose buying a season ticket afford's you this privledge but can't help feel sorry for the loyal fan that may miss out because some people just take the tickets when they like!

Not sure about this or he was lied to. I picked up eight (2 with season cards/1 with a City card) all my others were general sale tickets, requiring little else than the £40 cash.

The guy behind the counter explained the club were holding back 30,000 tickets until Monday, when they could establish more what tickets would be available for other areas of the stadium after season-ticket holders' options.

I could have had the odd seat here and there but ended up 3rd tier East Stand so I could keep the eight together.

Anyone could have bought as many as 30 tickets yesterday and all they would have needed was the cash.

Because of this, and having queued all that time, I bit my tongue and took third tier - which on the screen they showed me, was virtually full then.

Someone who has 4000 pts who couldn't make the euro games misses out to someone who has 60pts from going to a few cheap Euro games doesn't make sense imo.[/quote]
understand your arguement but i've just got back from COMS and a guy in front of me at the queue was told he couldn't buy a ticket today because they were just going to season ticket holder's, he explained that he'd been to every home game this season but couldn't afford a season ticket in one payment, He left COMS without a ticket. I'm happy that season ticket holders get first choice (i'm one of them) but i have two mate's who have season tickets and they haven't been to any cup game's this season but are deciding to turn up for this. I suppose buying a season ticket afford's you this privledge but can't help feel sorry for the loyal fan that may miss out because some people just take the tickets when they like![/quote]

Not sure about this or he was lied to. I picked up eight (2 with season cards/1 with a City card) all my others were general sale tickets, requiring little else than the £40 cash.

The guy behind the counter explained the club were holding back 30,000 tickets until Monday, when they could establish more what tickets would be available for other areas of the stadium after season-ticket holders' options.

I could have had the odd seat here and there but ended up 3rd tier East Stand so I could keep the eight together.

Anyone could have bought as many as 30 tickets yesterday and all they would have needed was the cash.

Because of this, and having queued all that time, I bit my tongue and took third tier - which on the screen they showed me, was virtually full then.[/quote]
straight up mate, i was waiting in the queue at about 9.30 this morning and a steward came down the line and said "season ticket sales only".

charliebigspuds said:
Someone who has 4000 pts who couldn't make the euro games misses out to someone who has 60pts from going to a few cheap Euro games doesn't make sense imo.
understand your arguement but i've just got back from COMS and a guy in front of me at the queue was told he couldn't buy a ticket today because they were just going to season ticket holder's, he explained that he'd been to every home game this season but couldn't afford a season ticket in one payment, He left COMS without a ticket. I'm happy that season ticket holders get first choice (i'm one of them) but i have two mate's who have season tickets and they haven't been to any cup game's this season but are deciding to turn up for this. I suppose buying a season ticket afford's you this privledge but can't help feel sorry for the loyal fan that may miss out because some people just take the tickets when they like![/quote]

Because of this, and having queued all that time, I bit my tongue and took third tier - which on the screen they showed me, was virtually full then.[/quote]
straight up mate, i was waiting in the queue at about 9.30 this morning and a steward came down the line and said "season ticket sales only".[/quote]

If that's the case Charlie, and it's with regards today - then we can now firmly establish the club have started backtracking on their policy of Wednesday.

The demand clearly caught them out and they are now left worrying that if they release any more on general sale, season ticket holders may have no entitlement at all.

You can estimate that both top tiers have gone, (about 15k) - roughly 30,000 season ticket holders - and 3k away supporters - you can see they are running out of space very quick now.

Must admit, now relieved to bite the bullet yesterday and take what was on offer.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If that's the case Charlie, and it's with regards today - then we can now firmly establish the club have started backtracking on their policy of Wednesday.
How have they backtracked? They could only ever have sold 15k tickets until they get all the season ticket sales finalised on Monday. Those 15k all sold out yesterday, therefore they have nothing left to sell to non-season ticket holders until they know more on Monday

There's some absolute garbage being talked by some people now.

All that is left now are the seats which are taken by season ticket holders.

The holders of these seats have until Sunday to claim their usual seats.

Whichever of these seats have not been claimed will go on open sale on monday.

It's simple.

The club could not give Mr "Been to Every Game But Have No Season Ticket" Numpty who turned up today a seat. Because if they did then some season ticket holder will have lost his.

Why can't people understand?!?!?

Dubai Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
How have they backtracked? They could only ever have sold 15k tickets until they get all the season ticket sales finalised on Monday. Those 15k all sold out yesterday, therefore they have nothing left to sell to non-season ticket holders until they know more on Monday

Based on other season-ticket holders already posting yesterday that their seats have already been sold on. Also, and forgive my rough calculations.

There were plenty of tickets on sale throughout the stadium on Weds, just that I took 3rd tier because wanted eight together.

Would expect both top tiers to currently hold around 15k in total?

With others sold elsewhere, there must be a high probability they shifted more than orginally planned for - and have had to put a severe brake on things for now?

best part of 48K there well done City. The ones moaning will be the ones not there from the
start of our UEFA rollercoaster. Anythings better than a wet night in Yorkshire not that many were there for that game either(How far is Barnsley by the way).Anyway the fact is if we get a half decent result in Hamburg it will be bouncing at Eastlands,so for the ones unlucky not to get a ticket stop moaning just make sure you try harder next time it'll be on TV but i'm sure
you already know that.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dubai Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Based on other season-ticket holders already posting yesterday that their seats have already been sold on. Also, and forgive my rough calculations.

There were plenty of tickets on sale throughout the stadium on Weds, just that I took 3rd tier because wanted eight together.

Would expect both top tiers to currently hold around 15k in total?

With others sold elsewhere, there must be a high probability they shifted more than orginally planned for - and have had to put a severe brake on things for now?

If some season ticket seats have been sold to the wrong people by mistake,then that is an almighty cockup. Over the next few days that will come to light if it has happened. It would even make a decent story in the MEN if there were more than a couple.

If, and it's a big if, it has happened, then the club will of course allocate them the first of the non-sold season ticket seats on Monday morning.

But there's no evidence this has happened.

There is probably going to be another 5k tickets available on general sale on Monday due to ST holders moving or not going (lot of ST will have moved to take friends or family so won't be buying their seats) so if you need a ticket get down on monday morning nice and early or be prepard to spend some time on the phone or pressing f5. It's what everyone had to do yesterday. People with ST rightly so can buy their tickets at their leisure over the next couple of days.

All is not lost there will be more tickets!

For me, the normal criteria should have been in place i.e.

Seasoncard holders > citycard holders (loyalty point criteria) > accesscard holders (loyalty point criteria) > general sale

Im astounded it was done differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.