Our 25 man squad

alera said:
Look at the rags, vidic and coke head out for a month they can still field a decent centre pairing that is good enough for and game in the prem. We would be left with k toure (not fit or available at the moment) and boyata (good but lacking experience)

Even if these exceptional circumstances occur, two of Boyata, Savic and Toure are as good as Smalling, Jones and Evans.

Chelsea have 21 over-21s too, I wouldn't worry. If the squad is ravaged by injuries, then we'll strengthen in January. We have two for each position now, which is the ideal.

-- Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 pm --

alera said:
The question is what happens if dejong, kompany and lescott are not available......

The answer is:

_____________Hart
Richards__Toure__Savic__Clichy
_________Yaya___Barry
____Kun_____Nasri______Silva
____________Dzeko

Oh no! We're doomed! And what's the chances of those three getting simultaneously injured? This is a bit of a mad thread.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:36 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
Savic and Balotelli don't count... so only 21!

I agree with Alera, we are still short on numbers, and I too believe that a couple of the Lost 5 should have been retained.

Lol, but they're still first team players! We can still use them! We seriously can't add many more senior players to this squad, or we'll end up with the likes of Johnson and Balotelli playing ten games a season.

I would keep Nedum as cover, try and hold on to Tevez if not sign a striker because I dont trust Dzeko or Ballotelli at all.

I would also sign a winger with pace and maybe a centre midfielder

I know what some of you are saying - we dont actually have to fill the full 25 if we have options from the other list - thats what's important. We have 2 for each for postion in most areas and more. I think Bobby doesnt see Milner as a proper wide man - I think he thinks Yaya can fill in for Nige occasionally too - maybe Zab too (even Razak), but as Alera says, Nige leaves a massive hole.

I agree with the centre half issue too - I like Lescott, he's come a long way back to the player he was but I wonder if Boby sees him as a replacement for Vinny in 'B type' games and maybe Kolo or even Savic will eventually partner Vinny!

I too believe we need 4 strikers we cab rely on - love Mario, but too early to count on him. Need a line leader so that Kun/Carlos can do their stuff. Hope Edin stays fit.

Hart, Pantilimon, Taylor,
Richards, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Clichy
Kompany, Lescott, K. Toure
de Jong, Y. Toure, Barry, Milner
Silva, A. Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Weiss, (??Nasri??), (ANother)
Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, (RSC/Bellamy)

Balotelli, Savic, Boyata, Razak, Suarez, Assulin, Abu, Cunningham.

thats 24

ANother= Cerci/Lennon or Tiote/Gago/Witsel or 1 of each

Hart, Pantilimon, Taylor,
Richards, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Clichy
Kompany, Lescott, K. Toure, Onuoha
De Jong, Y. Toure, Barry, Milner, Hargreaves
Silva, A. Johnson, Nasri, Razak
Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Nimely, Balotelli

The question is what happens if dejong, kompany and lescott are not available......

The answer is:

_____________Hart
Richards__Toure__Savic__Clichy
_________Yaya___Barry
____________Dzeko

then the answer is

_____________Hart
Richards__Toure__Onouha__Clichy
_________Yaya___Barry
____________Dzeko

or

_____________Hart
Richards__Toure__YaYa__Clichy
_________Zabaleta___Barry
____________Dzeko

or
_____________Hart
Zabaleta__Toure__Richards__Clichy
__________YaYa__Barry
____________Dzeko

no need to worry<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:31 am --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
I would keep Nedum as cover, try and hold on to Tevez if not sign a striker because I dont trust Dzeko at all.

I would also sign a winger with pace and maybe a centre midfielder

just noticed that, hope your opinion has changed :)

1 Hart
2 Pantilimon
3 Taylor
4 Richards
5 Zabaleta
6 Clichy
7 Kolarov
8 Kompany
9 Lescott
10 Savic
11 K Toure
12 De Jong
13 Barry
14 Y Toure
15 Hargreaves
16 Milner
17 Silva
18 Nasri
19 Johnson
20 Dzeko
21 Aguero
22 Balotelli
23 Tevez
24 ???
25 ???

By my reckoning there's two places to be decided.

Personally I'd go for Razzak and Onuoha.

I think the other options would be Bridge, Nielsen, Cunningham.

Does this sound right?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the club had a stated policy limiting the squad numbers to 22 - an average of two for each position giving youth a greater chance than if we just filled up the 25 with crap just because we could.

25 is a limit not a target.

We'll be fine with what we've got and if we're not then let the kids try and step up to the plate. I imagine that it would be easier playing alongside Silva and Aguero than Sinclair and Macken.

1. Hart - Pantilimon - Taylor
2. Richards - Zaba
3. Kolarov - Clichy
4. Kompany - Savic
5. Lescott - Kolo
6. NDJ - Barry - Hargreaves
7. Yaya - Milner
8. Silva - Nasri
9. Dzeko - Balo
10. Aguerro - Tevez
11. AJ -

So now the window is closed, will Bobby fill the full 25 limit ?
If so, there are 23 above, minus the ones who we dont have to count, leaving 20 ?
Do we really need to add 5 more ? Onouha IMO will be in, but who of the following do we think he will add if any. Assulin, Suarez, Roman, Bunn, Razak, Rekik or Mancini Junior ? ;)

We have 21 players of Mancini's "wanted" that we can name that have to be registered. As has been said, Savic and Balotelli won't be registered as neither was 21 when August started.

So we'll submit a 21 man squad list unless Mancini adds Onuoha and Bridge, in which case we have 23. D'Angelo, the trialist from Argentina who scored in the EDS' 1-0 win over Liverpool, is 22 so if there is any intention of keeping him he could also go on the list just to fill a space if nothing else as Logan did last year.

I can't think of any way we could submit a 25-man squad list now though unless there is someone people are forgetting. 24 is the most I can think of in the very unlikely event of Bridge, Onuoha, and D'Angelo all being listed. David Gonzalez is our only other over-21 player I think but is on loan at Aberdeen and would just be a fourth goalkeeper on the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.