Our Badge

The Silver Surfer

I'm 38 so Ive had a long enough time with both the old and new badges to get used to the new one or lament about the old one.
I personally love the new one, its fresh to me while the other one looks very dated - I just couldn't see us wearing it anymore.
I've got some retro kits with it on and to me its something to be cherished but that is all.
What do you think?

3723362648_fcfa52cda1.jpg

mcfc.gif

Our badge is so underated, personally i love it, the pet hate of mine though is the stars, take them away and you have a shit hot badge. The old one for me is bland although i do love our name in the circle.

yeah the stars are not needed. Generally I like it, but there are a few elements i'd fine tune to get it looking right. I would be tempted to get rid of the latin phrase though and put something non pretentious in there. Maybe put Manchester City and remove the MCFC from the shield so that it is just the ship and the rivers.

I always hated our old badge on my shirts, big clumsy horrible thing stitched on and awful on the nipples.

So I may be biased when I say I like the new one better lol

I don't understand the relevance of the new logo. What does the eagle? (Is it an eagle?) represent?

I'd have gone with a bee.

Prefer the old one. I must confess to some bias, being from Lancashire, I'd like a badge with the Lancashire rose on it, but even without it I'd prefer the old badge. I like the one the Blue Alliance has come up with though. I'd have that one in a heartbeat as well.

WNRH said:
Our badge is so underated, personally i love it, the pet hate of mine though is the stars, take them away and you have a shit hot badge. The old one for me is bland although i do love our name in the circle.
Lose the stars and our badge would be ten times better!

Don't like that old retro badge anymore. Used to love it. But it looks old and dated now, amateurish almost!

Bluemoon115 said:
GazC said:
I don't understand the relevance of the new logo. What does the eagle? (Is it an eagle?) represent?

I'd have gone with a bee.
ManchesterEagle.jpg

Alternate Manchester CoA.

I just did a quick search and found this. Interesting! Regardless of it's origins, I don't like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.