Our Badge

Ha looks like its Stars Wars.

I like them myself, they were designed to give a more European feel - even though we ended up in the 3rd division lol - so I think it goes well with where we're heading.

The Pope said:
they were designed to give a more European feel

Its pathetic, cant believe someone from the club didn't realize how bad they'd be.

Clubs in Europe have them for a reason not just to make the badges look pretty.

I honestly feel embarrassed every time i see the badge because of the stars.

The old badge should just be modernised a bit (like chelsea did).
The issue I have with the new badge is not only the stars but it doesnt say our name "Manchester City" this surely is the most important part?!

The reason for the badge change was pure and simply a copyright issue, City, as well as a number of other clubs (Fulham, Arsenal, top of mi' head) could not own their own badge.. You can't copyright a name, however you can protect the way it is written, the change of badge was for financial gain nothing more. Arsenal spent millions trying to protect their ownership of a 'cannon', they took a streetseller to the high court and failed, the boat and rose will always be our badge, can't be doin with this Phoenix 3 stars nonsense, but like anything in the game, the powers that be pay the piper hence we dance to the tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.