Our Badge

fishwick said:
Why not replace the stars with "THE CITIZENS"
Lose one of the bars and replace with red rose
Finally replace the latin with the english translation "PRIDE IN BATTLE"

why not just win the PL next year & keep the stars ? we have two league wins one more & its three.. so lets not be hasty.. win it two years on the trot & we can have 4 stars..

The Pope said:
GazC said:
I just did a quick search and found this. Interesting! Regardless of it's origins, I don't like it.

Yeah, very interesting...

Unfortunately the most interesting thing is the fact that the Rags have used the Coat of Arms in numerous finals both post and pre-war. Having the coat of arms on our shirts at the final has much less significance to me now, I need to go and do some verifying now, wish I'd never opened the thread but, hey hoe, you can't pick which bits of history you want :o(

1149a.jpg

interesting article that.

Not too keane on our new badge now.

Prefer the old badge, like the rose, not keen on it saying 'mcfc' would like to get rid of that then have Manchester City Football Club to replace superbia in proelia, the stars are too irrelevant, although without them I think the badge wouldn't be complete. Would be up for a return to a slightly modified retro crest, bit of burgundy thrown in somewhere too would be lovely.

Let you decide that one. Myself either the Irk or Irwell as the Irk flows into the Irwell. :-)

Q8-Blue said:
Love the MCFC badge, most underated badge in the Premier League. The rags can keep their crappy devil.

This

....I know what you mean, on Sunday Supplement when they are discussing best badges we hardly get a mention. Not just that but when they do these nostalgic look backs on best badges of the past 20 years we don't seem to get a look in. Even reading the press reports on this weekends games not one mention of how classy our crest looked..it's about time the media gave our badge the credit it deserves.

The stars are a complete embarasment and as such I hate the badge.

Loose the stars and its a decent crest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.