Our best centre-back duo?

It'sBlue93:20

Team supported
Manchester City
We now have 5 top class centre-backs and it’s really difficult to know who our best 2 is. I cannot decide. I’d have Dias and one other.

As you say we have 5 quality centre backs but I don't think you can say whose best as all have different qualities that suit different teams, I think Ake is in top 2 for form but would put him number 5 overall which shows how changeable they are and how lucky we are to have all 5.

As you say we have 5 quality centre backs but I don't think you can say whose best as all have different qualities that suit different teams, I think Ake is in top 2 for form but would put him number 5 overall which shows how changeable they are and how lucky we are to have all 5.
Yeah I’d agree Ake in top 2 for me 100%. I’d say Ake and Akanji best two on form. Followed by Dias.

If going off this season alone.

Akanji
Ake
Stones
Laporte
Dias

However, as already said, it’s very much horses for courses. Sometimes we need agility more than strength, others we need the best build up options.

We are blessed though as it doesn’t really matter which of the 5 start really.

Long-term, Stones and Dias for me, although Ruben’s in a bit of a lull. Akanji’s made a great start though and Ake’s been playing really well, which makes them probably the best pairing at the moment. I’d say Laporte is slightly behind those 4, in that he has the odd mistake in him.

If going off this season alone.

Akanji
Ake
Stones
Laporte
Dias

However, as already said, it’s very much horses for courses. Sometimes we need agility more than strength, others we need the best build up options.

We are blessed though as it doesn’t really matter which of the 5 start really.
I think one defender very good on the ball , together with a very good ‘defensive defender’ works the best. I’d say Laporte or Stones best ball-playing with Dias the best defensive defender. Stones , Akanji and Ake also offer flexibility and I’m sure you could probably play Laporte at full-back too

I think one defender very good on the ball , together with a very good ‘defensive defender’ works the best. I’d say Laporte or Stones best ball-playing with Dias the best defensive defender. Stones , Akanji and Ake also offer flexibility and I’m sure you could probably play Laporte at full-back too
Stones is our best ball playing centre back, followed by Laporte, so they are a great partnership when we don’t expect much defending and breaking down of 10 behind the ball.

Ake seems to be the go to reserve left back if required.

It’s fine margins though. It’s not as if any of them are poor.

as of this moment I’d put akanji and ake as our best duo. Laporte and stones are right up there but cant handle the load currently whereas Dias is out of form.

but all 5 are top quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.