Our current badge.

gingerthai

I've returned with haste to where my love does lie
With what John said about our current badge in the tattoo thread, it got me thinking what would people change if they could? Would most people prefer to just swap back to our old badge (as i would), or would you prefer something new, but more relevant to us as a club and our history.

mcfc.gif

201ACC4B-A068-0CCF-884078EEDDE06879.jpg

Even after all these years i've never warmed to the "new" badge.

It's just not City to me. I grew up with the circular badge and it's what i most associate with the club. (Aside from Maine Road of course)

Mëtal Bikër said:
Even after all these years i've never warmed to the "new" badge.

It's just not City to me. I grew up with the circular badge and it's what i most associate with the club. (Aside from Maine Road of course)

Yeah, i feel the same way. The only thing i would take off the current badge and try and incorporate is the superbia in proelia. I like the idea of having pride in battle on the shirt.

johnmc said:
I like the "shield" bit of the new badge - just that on its own would do for me

The sheild looks decent, although i really cant stand the three diagonal stripes instead of the Lancashire rose.

gingerthai said:
Yeah, i feel the same way. The only thing i would take off the current badge and try and incorporate is the superbia in proelia. I like the idea of having pride in battle on the shirt.
That's the bit i find a bit gimmicky to be honest. Other clubs have genuinely had a latin motto at their clubs but with City it's something new. If other people like it and have taken it into their hearts then i'm not going to disagree with them. For me, it's not something i've associated with City.

Mëtal Bikër said:
gingerthai said:
That's the bit i find a bit gimmicky to be honest. Other clubs have genuinely had a latin motto at their clubs but with City it's something new. If other people like it and have taken it into their hearts then i'm not going to disagree with them. For me, it's not something i've associated with City.

Its the only bit that grew on me with time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.