Our current Uefa coeficient ranking

I thought they'd changed/ watered down the whole seeding thing when the great historical clubs in red stopped winning all the time? Much the same as ffp seemedvto go softcwhen it looked like affecting the old guard.

To some extent.
It really now only affects whether you're in pot 2 or not - 7 top league winners + CL winners (or 8 league winners, if CL winners also win their league) are in pot 1. Next 8 ranked teams are in pot 2.

Personally i'm far more concerned with the EPL coeff than ours.
-looked at the updated #'s for 16-17 and the Italians are more or less tied with us.
-we absolutely must out perform them in Europa and Champions next season or we are looking at losing the 4th spot.... which would be...umm...no bueno.

Nice, isn't it?

Next year, Chelsea will lost 30 pts, but City will need nearly 30 next season to overtake them in the rankings. We'll need 2 more years of R16 or better to climb noticeably higher.

There's only 7 pts available now I think, if City won 3 more matches.
Another way of looking at it is Chelsea lose 63 in the next two seasons and we lose 33. So as long as we simply match them next year and the year after (shouldn't be hard), we will pass them.

Personally i'm far more concerned with the EPL coeff than ours.
-looked at the updated #'s for 16-17 and the Italians are more or less tied with us.
-we absolutely must out perform them in Europa and Champions next season or we are looking at losing the 4th spot.... which would be...umm...no bueno.

Hadn't realised it was that close.
This is a year in arrears, so 2016-17 end rankings affects 2018-19 season, and we'll get a big wedge back in a couple of years. We could do with taking the EL seriously.

Another way of looking at it is Chelsea lose 63 in the next two seasons and we lose 33. So as long as we simply match them next year and the year after (shouldn't be hard), we will pass them.

That's true.
Next season we'll surely do better simply because they won't be there. Pretty much have to be in the CL to make it happen.
I'd not spotted the effect of the 20 pt net gain the season after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.