our european support

183sash

on the day after Spurs reportedly took 10,000 to Milan and having just seen 6,000 poles at City , i just wonder why our fans dont show as much support for european football - so far we've taken 250 to Romania and about 800 to Austria - i'd be surpised if we take over a thousand to Poland or Juventus - whats it gonna be like next season if we get in the champions league , hope we dont embarras ourselves playing in a half empty stadium, Do we deserve Champions League football if our fans cant be bothered to turn up ?

183sash said:
on the day after Spurs reportedly took 10,000 to Milan and having just seen 6,000 poles at City , i just wonder why our fans dont show as much support for european football - so far we've taken 250 to Romania and about 800 to Austria - i'd be surpised if we take over a thousand to Poland or Juventus - whats it gonna be like next season if we get in the champions league , hope we dont embarras ourselves playing in a half empty stadium, Do we deserve Champions League football if our fans cant be bothered to turn up ?

Martin, i was banned from Europe after our trip to Omonia when I told her indoors I was going for 2 days and stayed for 5!

Saving for Dublin though, even if a divorce ensues ;)

183sash said:

in a word-NO.The club did eveerything thy could to accomodate City fans tonight,I got refunded due to being moved from East Stand.£50 originally for 3 games.So an attendance of 33,000 with 6,000 Poles.Doesnt leave many.I would have given the whole of the South Stand and East Stand L3 to their lot,best atmosphere from an away crowd I've ever seen.

I'm just a bit gutted our European turnout of fans is pretty piss poor and that so many season ticket holders can't be arsed turning up. Surely it's nights like tonight that we all want and look forward to. I mean this is why we go for a top 4 finish right??

If we do ever get to the final of the Europa. I will be really pissed off if these no show season ticket holders pick up their ticket for the final. Especially when fans who maybe can't always get a ticket for league games but have gone to all the Europa games won't have a chance on a final ticket. I think these fans show a bit more 'loyalty' than the no shows who don't deserve a ticket?

Don't know if this is true, but my mate said the 3rd tier was almost full of Poles. That stand holds roughly 6000. The normal away end holds 3000. Minus some empty seast in both sections, your looking at roughly 8000 Poznan fans.(with a few non Polish Poznan fans thrown in) Out of a crowd of 33,000, that's only 25,000 blues turning up. Salzburg could be a shocker.

Piss poor turnout. Should be a separate loyalty system for cup games and then the stay-aways can all do one when we reach a final and they moan like feck cos they can't get a ticket.

183sash said:
There is a thing in life called money you know

ste.sully said:
183sash said:
There is a thing in life called money you know
I'm sorry ste but £50 for 3 euro games is a a bargain?? No excuse for turning your nose up at that?

For euro games there should defo be a different system in placee to reward those people who go to the euro games to get priority for a potential final ticket. No shows have shown no 'loyalty' and shouldn't be able to get one?

jrb said:
Don't know if this is true, but my mate said the 3rd tier was almost full of Poles. That stand holds roughly 6000. The normal away end holds 3000. Minus some empty seast in both sections, your looking at roughly 8000 Poznan fans.(with a few non Polish Poznan fans thrown in) Out of a crowd of 33,000, that's only 25,000 blues turning up. Salzburg could be a shocker.
]

We were advised that the third tier in the East stand was made up of: City fans, Poznan fans, neutrals, and 'other polish supporters'.......... There were also corporate Poznan fans in blocks 225 and 227 in the Colin Bell Stand

Balti said:
Piss poor turnout. Should be a separate loyalty system for cup games and then the stay-aways can all do one when we reach a final and they moan like feck cos they can't get a ticket.

Spot on pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.