Our fame is growing - big time

I've spotted 6 City shirts in the last month in the small town where I live(near Barnsley)
It's still a novelty seeing a City shirt anywhere outside of Manchester and the surrounding area.

Loads more blue on show in Salford than previously including kids.

I believe that children are our future...

Would rather see a City shirt than a rag one any day. More the merrier. Helps with Plattinis hurdle, not just the income from the shirt but the sponsors get value and more likely to pump more money in. Got our City gear ready for them Torquay rags in a few weeks.

I was walking out of the English Institute where I work in Paraguay and was met by a North American as I was walking out wearing my City shirt and he said "Great game. How does it feel to be champions?" He was surprised to hear I was from Manchester but he said congratulations." All the digital sports tv channels in Paraguay and especially Argentina constantly talk about City and when I am wearing something to do with City I get smiles, thumbs up and even the odd rag wearing Paraguayan will do the same. This has been happening a lot up to us winning the league but has increased 10 fold since we became champions. Don't you just love being blue?

stony said:
I've spotted 6 City shirts in the last month in the small town where I live(near Barnsley)
It's still a novelty seeing a City shirt anywhere outside of Manchester and the surrounding area.
What is the town called ?

Cookieproof said:
I was walking out of the English Institute where I work in Paraguay and was met by a North American as I was walking out wearing my City shirt and he said "Great game. How does it feel to be champions?" He was surprised to hear I was from Manchester but he said congratulations." All the digital sports tv channels in Paraguay and especially Argentina constantly talk about City and when I am wearing something to do with City I get smiles, thumbs up and even the odd rag wearing Paraguayan will do the same. This has been happening a lot up to us winning the league but has increased 10 fold since we became champions. Don't you just love being blue?
yep,always have,always will ;-)

I was in Rome a few weeks ago and all the Italians that I met, not all Romans, were delighted for us. Italy was going Balotelli crazy during the Euro's and people that I met kept getting asking me to teach them the Balotelli song. They were all well aware of each of Mario's stunts.

So many people saw the game v Qpr and were absolutely gripped by it. A Lazio supporting taxi driver told me that Rome is 100% behind Man City as Lazio fans adore Mancini and Roma fans hate Man United, not least for the 7-1 in the Champions League in 2007.

Corriere dello Sport and Gazetto dello Sport also feature Man City quite prominently on a regular basis.

Which is nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.