Our fame is growing - big time

Hope to be going to see my relations in Poland next month. Will be taking my City Champions shirts with me. Will post reactions when i get back.

mcrpogue said:
I was in Rome a few weeks ago and all the Italians that I met, not all Romans, were delighted for us. Italy was going Balotelli crazy during the Euro's and people that I met kept getting asking me to teach them the Balotelli song. They were all well aware of each of Mario's stunts.

So many people saw the game v Qpr and were absolutely gripped by it. A Lazio supporting taxi driver told me that Rome is 100% behind Man City as Lazio fans adore Mancini and Roma fans hate Man United, not least for the 7-1 in the Champions League in 2007.

Corriere dello Sport and Gazetto dello Sport also feature Man City quite prominently on a regular basis.

Which is nice.

I partly blame myself for that game...

I was working in Trafford Park at the time...and like a knob decided to drive home past the swamp, thinking it'd be quiet around 5pm!

Anyway...it was chaos trying to get across the roundabout at the end of Ashburton Road...and the Roma team bus was partway across as I got there. I clocked the bus - and Simone Perotta sat on my side towards the back. I mouthed to him "I'm a Blue - I hope you fuckin thrash these bastards tonight!" He was pissing his sides, and started telling the rest of the players on that side of the bus what was going on!

Needless to say...my "best wishes" didn't help them that night!

The next time Roma played the rags my rag cousin had a free spare...so I went along. Got there early, had a mooch around, and bumped into Bruno Conti near the players entrance, and said much the same to him in my pidgeon Italian.

They lost again!

mcfc2112 said:
mcrpogue said:
I was in Rome a few weeks ago and all the Italians that I met, not all Romans, were delighted for us. Italy was going Balotelli crazy during the Euro's and people that I met kept getting asking me to teach them the Balotelli song. They were all well aware of each of Mario's stunts.

So many people saw the game v Qpr and were absolutely gripped by it. A Lazio supporting taxi driver told me that Rome is 100% behind Man City as Lazio fans adore Mancini and Roma fans hate Man United, not least for the 7-1 in the Champions League in 2007.

Corriere dello Sport and Gazetto dello Sport also feature Man City quite prominently on a regular basis.

Which is nice.

I was working in Trafford Park at the time...and like a knob decided to drive home past the swamp, thinking it'd be quiet around 5pm!

Anyway...it was chaos trying to get across the roundabout at the end of Ashburton Road...and the Roma team bus was partway across as I got there. I clocked the bus - and Simone Perotta sat on my side towards the back. I mouthed to him "I'm a Blue - I hope you fuckin thrash these bastards tonight!" He was pissing his sides, and started telling the rest of the players on that side of the bus what was going on!

The next time Roma played the rags my rag cousin had a free spare...so I went along. Got there early, had a mooch around, and bumped into Bruno Conti near the players entrance, and said much the same to him in my pidgeon Italian.

They lost again!

You meet bet bruno conti, first world cup I watched as a kid what a true legend !

BufordUSABlue said:
Just come back from a family vacation in Disney (Florida) and as usual, I wore nothing but blue with City on it and as always with pride!!..... Only this time they included the immortal wording "CHAMPIONS".......

But, here's the kicker, people were actually stopping me to talk and congratulate me/us and all without exception commented on 'that game'...

They included the following, there were many more believe me but these were the ones i remembered;

2 German's - one said it was the best game of football he had ever seen! and the other said he was pleased we beat Ushited as he hated the rags btw!
A Mexican - he said that he nearly fainted when we scored the 3rd goal as he couldnt beleive that it had happened (he also hated the rags!)
A Seattle fan (MLS) - who shouted at me in Epcot "Go City - congratulations on being champions!"
An American[/b] guy in the hotel who simply said "Well done the champions"
An African guy who said that he watched the game in Nairobi and said that the game was incredible and was soooooooo gald we did it!!
A Brit who was jogging in The Animal Kingdom who shouted "hey mate, well done!!"

By the end of the 3rd day I was simply beaming with pride every time I went out and was loving every minute, even when a rag stopped me outside the Rose & Crown pub in Epcot with his mates saying that i had some shit on my shirt and started pretending to brush it off (I had my Champ61ons golf shirt on) and I replied quite smugly "What the 6-1, or the CHAMPIONS bit, as neither are coming off and will ever be erased pal" (I was quite proud of my instant retort) to his credit he said fair play pal, you deserved it.......I walked off saying "Damn right we did - good luck chasing our tails next season mate!"

So when the expected annual invasion of Florida by the Brits starts this summer, especially all the US bound Blues, wear your champions shirts/memorabilia every time you go out with more pride than usual and await the reaction, if its a tenth as good as what i had you will have a time to remember!!

Have a great summer over here fellow Blues!!

Went a month ago, saw loads of blues.
Could'nt believe it when i saw city gear in the epcot shop

buckotheblue said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Just come back from a family vacation in Disney (Florida) and as usual, I wore nothing but blue with City on it and as always with pride!!..... Only this time they included the immortal wording "CHAMPIONS".......

But, here's the kicker, people were actually stopping me to talk and congratulate me/us and all without exception commented on 'that game'...

They included the following, there were many more believe me but these were the ones i remembered;

2 German's - one said it was the best game of football he had ever seen! and the other said he was pleased we beat Ushited as he hated the rags btw!
A Mexican - he said that he nearly fainted when we scored the 3rd goal as he couldnt beleive that it had happened (he also hated the rags!)
A Seattle fan (MLS) - who shouted at me in Epcot "Go City - congratulations on being champions!"
An American[/b] guy in the hotel who simply said "Well done the champions"
An African guy who said that he watched the game in Nairobi and said that the game was incredible and was soooooooo gald we did it!!
A Brit who was jogging in The Animal Kingdom who shouted "hey mate, well done!!"

By the end of the 3rd day I was simply beaming with pride every time I went out and was loving every minute, even when a rag stopped me outside the Rose & Crown pub in Epcot with his mates saying that i had some shit on my shirt and started pretending to brush it off (I had my Champ61ons golf shirt on) and I replied quite smugly "What the 6-1, or the CHAMPIONS bit, as neither are coming off and will ever be erased pal" (I was quite proud of my instant retort) to his credit he said fair play pal, you deserved it.......I walked off saying "Damn right we did - good luck chasing our tails next season mate!"

So when the expected annual invasion of Florida by the Brits starts this summer, especially all the US bound Blues, wear your champions shirts/memorabilia every time you go out with more pride than usual and await the reaction, if its a tenth as good as what i had you will have a time to remember!!

Have a great summer over here fellow Blues!!

Went a month ago, saw loads of blues.
Could'nt believe it when i saw city gear in the epcot shop

Do you mean the shop in the English area in the World Showcase? They had some neat City polo shirts in there when i looked!

whothefisAlice said:
Blueles61 said:
Miami on Monday. Will be spreading the word!

Unless you speak Spanish, and French or Creole(both to a lesser extent), nobody will know what the fuck you are on about :)

They might thumbs up the top though if you wear it/one!
We're are all fluent in these tonngs, but barm or mxxfin?

rickyyt said:
mcfc2112 said:
mcrpogue said:

Which is nice.

They lost again!

You meet bet bruno conti, first world cup I watched as a kid what a true legend !

Yes - Bruno Conti!

He was really nice - though a bit nervous of some manc spouting rubbish Italian to him!

Here in Turkey getting lots of congratulations, and comments on what a fantastic season. A point that did hit home was the number of supporters of other clubs, not just English, but from all over the world that wanted us to beat the rags to the title. Ive not met one that said otherwise. In fact many were saying that was the most exciting moment football had given them. It is amazing though that the media dont appear to realise the worldwide hatred of our SILENT neighbours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.