Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Looks like Grimaldo is the LB target....he is 1.71m. And Bellerin could be the right-back target. He is 1.77m. Don't think Pep is looking at height.

Looks like Grimaldo is the LB target....he is 1.71m. And Bellerin could be the right-back target. He is 1.77m. Don't think Pep is looking at height.

I thought you meant £ then, I was like wow he's cheap, until I saw the price for Bellerin and it clicked!

Adding this these 2 will equip Pep with the footskills a necessary to fully implement his system.

I can see us getting just 2 new players next summer.
Bellerin and Grimaldo And I can see both Sagna and Zab moving on on the right. Bellerin and Maffeo taking over on the right with Grimaldo on the left, Kola at CB permanently.

Last edited:
Adding this these 2 will equip Pep with the footskills a necessary to fully implement his system.

I can see us getting just 2 new players next summer.
Bellerin and Grimaldo And I can see both Sagna and Zab moving on on the right. Bellerin and Maffeo taking over on the right with Grimaldo on the left, Kola at CB permanently.
Think we'll definatley be looking for somebody to share pivot duties with Fernandinho, unless Garcia breaks through.and would expect another centre half too. Think we will see Delph, Fernando, Toure, Zab, Sagna,, Navas , Clichy all leave

Think we'll definatley be looking for somebody to share pivot duties with Fernandinho, unless Garcia breaks through.and would expect another centre half too. Think we will see Delph, Fernando, Toure, Zab, Sagna,, Navas , Clichy all leave
Thinking one of Clichy or Delph will be here. As for Pivot, I reckon Garcia and Gundogan should be the natural replacements. The kid at Gladbach is not half bad either. Can see him as a likely target.

But with Gabriel, Montero, Roberts, Garcia and the kid at PSV we might be hard pressed to sign more than 1 or 2. Especially if any of them blow up this season.

When looking for LB's, Pep usually tries to find (or develop) players with excellent passing skills, in order to move into 3-5-2/ 3-5-1 /3-4-3 tactics. Grimaldo played for him in Barcelona B, so he knows the way, even though is not recognised as an outstanding player.

Last few games have shown both Fullback positions need filling however left back is our main weakness imo. Anyone got any ideas who we might be after?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.