Our marketing team are at it again

What’s next, f***ing *City Glee* before Shakhtar Donetsk?

Link below the picture.

Man City advertise for influencers to showcase 'electrifying atmosphere'

CF9-B1-CF3-36-A6-4391-A4-BB-A3-C53860-B2-A1.png

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/new...-influencers-showcase-electrifying-atmosphere

2 massive own goals by City's marketing team here:

1. The idea that you can create an 'atmosphere' using this social media bullshit
2. Inviting only 'male' applicants

Maybe a generation gap on here but influencer's do now have a power to change a brand. Look at Mrs Hinch for toiletries and Joe wicks fitness. This is how e-commence is done nowadays.

Faze Clan were at the wolves games are a group of esports youtubers who compete for large volumes of money in tournaments. Their reach is massive with 4m on twitter, and over 7m on youtube. Their sponsors include Wiz.com, FIFA and Nissan. All City sponsors. Plus these guys are always running about in city shirts in their videos. Personally, its not my generation but its business in 2019.

In terms of football, 1 person or a group of people can influence the city brand by attending games or BTS work with the team. This will then get more exposure than many traditional media channels and for a lower overall cost. They could fly in some yank with 1million followers and give him a shirt for the price of a billboard in Manchester city centre! City are playing catch up on fan base and engagment but this is the natural step to close the gap on RM, United, Liverpool, Barca...

Arsenal TV is the obvious top football fan channel currently but usually their means is for comedy value rather than appraisal of the club directly. That being said, looking at their metrics, im sure their reach is to furthest corners of the globe and this would "influence" someone to become an Arsenal fan (buy tickets, shirts)!

Some on here and the media like Paddy power will take the Mick of this but this is normal practice. People and brands make millions this way.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...vealed-Gamers-lifestyle-fitness-vloggers.html

Probably true. But it certainly makes me feel old! I don't actually know what or whom 'Faze clan' are, nor wiz.com. But then I'm not the target audience for this kind of stuff, I assume City are trying to entice the 12-25ish age range?

So the club state a third partner agency they have previously used have done this with no permission! Wow I am shocked the club have not got a tighter legal restriction on anything to do with the clubs image & rights.

why on earth would a third party agency do this without permission ?

All very odd
Man, I hate when ex business partners do work for free and without being asked!

Man, I hate when ex business partners do work for free and without being asked!
It's poor as it makes the club look small time and arrogant ('three unknown clubs' ffs).

Hope they cut whatever ties they had with this partner as they obviously have zero idea about football.

Probably true. But it certainly makes me feel old! I don't actually know what or whom 'Faze clan' are, nor wiz.com. But then I'm not the target audience for this kind of stuff, I assume City are trying to entice the 12-25ish age range?
There is no age gap mate. I’m twenties and work in the industry. Whatever way you look at it it’s a shocker.

Obviously the club is doing all the right things on the footballing side (the most important bit) but the whole marketing, website, ‘entertainment’ & social media aspects are fucking abysmal.

Clearly it’s not aimed at me (65 year old who spends nothing other than the cost of my seasoncard and a few domestic cup games) but I doubt it’s working with the target audience either.

The marketing department must have all read the seminal book How To Lose Friends & Alienate People....

The atmosphere in the Champions League isn't a problem for the games that matter. For Spurs and Liverpool, the atmosphere was great and better than most clubs in the country can produce. The problem is for lesser games but we're not the only club in the country with average atmospheres and if the club are serious about improving it, they need to start looking at themselves and their ticket pricing rather than going to these no-mark agencies who don't have a clue about football.

I feel like the club have humiliated me and my family with this. My boy has been getting texts off his united mates taking the piss and a couple of Liverpool fans at work have been having a dig about it.

Feel let down by the club. We should be proud of City for what they do on the pitch but the off-field activities of the club always seem to put us back a step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.