our midfield

Extremely average.

NDJ getting better all the time but needs a player who can pass like Alonso or drive like Gerrard along side him.

Barry is a carthorse but steady.

Yaya is a lardarse who is at least a stone overweight.

Silva is a magician.

AJ has let it all go to his head and needs knocking down a peg or two.

Milner hasn't had the best of starts but needs to play centrally and we will see him improve.

Vieira is class but legs have gone.

In summary we need a creative player who can knock 40 yard passes about and/or a player with drive who is capable of drawing players to him in order to create space.

Rammy Blue said:
Extremely average.

NDJ getting better all the time but needs a player who can pass like Alonso or drive like Gerrard along side him.

Barry is a carthorse but steady.

Yaya is a lardarse who is at least a stone overweight.

Silva is a magician.

AJ has let it all go to his head and needs knocking down a peg or two.

Milner hasn't had the best of starts but needs to play centrally and we will see him improve.

Vieira is class but legs have gone.

In summary we need a creative player who can knock 40 yard passes about and/or a player with drive who is capable of drawing players to him in order to create space.

Just been looking at the Arsenal midfield and tbh its a fooking mile better than ours, certainly more technically gifted..... we have silva as our main creative player check this out.

Fabregas
Nasri
Wilshere
Ramsey
Arshavin
Diaby
Rosicky
Denilson
Eboue
Song

What a talented midfield this is.Stick De jong in that midfield and wow!!

All cost nowhere near what our midfield cost. Fcuking unbelievable tbh.

Not impressed to be honest, Silva is class but I class him as a forward. If I were put in charge of hiring and firing Michael Johnson & Milner would be the only two I'd keep!

Average. It's not a title winning Midfield, we are missing someone like Alonso, Xavi, Fabregas, Sneijder. But Mancini is known to favour defensive midfielders ignore these types of players.

I wish we could start all again. I regret us buying most of our English players, overpriced wastes of huge amounts of money. The only midfielders I'd keep right now are De Jong and Silva. I'd completely rebuild the midfield around them. Maybe Milner as we've not seen him playing central for us yet, but he was overpriced as well.

Silva is a magician and embarasses the others with his tecnique, movement, body shape when recieving the ball and quick feet and ultra quick mind.
The rest are static, imobile, lack courage [down to Mancini] tecnically average [mancini stifles any tecnique they have], cautious, slow moving, lack instinct for a killer pass, can't find space, play too far apart, show no courage to go looking for the ball.
De Jong is the exception as he has a defined role to destroy.
What we lack is a player to sit in midfield and spray the ball around and set the tempo, move the team forward as a unit. Until then we will not maximise the undoubted talents of said Silva and dejong.
Anyone trying to argue against anything I said is blind, deluded and in need of psychotropic medication.

Our midfield is solid but lacks a creative spark. Nobody seems to direct play. Silva will hopefully provide this once he settles. I would like to see more of our play going through him in a central role rather than sticking him out on the flank.

Burtonblue said:
Our midfield is solid but lacks a creative spark. Nobody seems to direct play. Silva will hopefully provide this once he settles. I would like to see more of our play going through him in a central role rather than sticking him out on the flank.
I agree with this, in a type of Fabregas role, yet we really would need an out and out left sided midfield player to replace him as we don't have one bearing in mind Johnson only plays on the right and is not that good anyway over 90 minutes. So Silva in centre and Ribbery or similar on the left please and that would be a nice xmas present.

....................De Jong (Barry)
M. Johnson (new signing) - Milner (Toure)

That's our best possible three IMO, M. Johnson is obviously a question mark but I put him there as we simply have no one else right now who can play the role I'm thinking of so we either use him or sign someone else.

I rate Barry highly but only in the situation we're playing a match where we need extreme discipline and steel, I really don't see why we need him and De Jong on the pitch together every game and De Jong is a better player to start regular, IMO.

Silva would be in the front three with Tevez and Balotelli (or new signing like Dzeko, seems we always have a frontman injured so I'm sure both would play regularly).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.