danburge82 said:
If we had someone playing in the highlighted position below:

--------------------------Hart-------------------------
Boateng--------Kolo--------Kompany--------Kolorov
----------------de Jong--------Barry-----------------
------------------------?????------------------------
--------Balotelli------------------------Silva-----------
--------------------------Tevez-------------------------

who is like Steven Gerrard from around 2005, wenwoukd win the league!

Wesley Sneijder! Wanna be taken seriously, mount a proper title challenge, be ranked as one of the great teams? Then buy this player for that role and our midfield would be immense. Also I would take Barry out and play Milner or M.Johnson. De Jong can just lay it off to Milner/M.Johnson and Sneijder all day long. With Silva's creativity and Tevez and Balotelli upfront I think just the one player in Sneijder would transform our team. we'd have to trim our midfield, send Yaya packing back to Barca 'cause he doesn't wana be here anyway and give Vieira a coaching role. If City dip into the market in January that is the only player I would want us to break the bank for.

jay_mcfc said:
....needs Fabregas. £70m on him and we'll have a 25% better chance of winning the league.

Indeed! Either of them!

-------------------------Hart--------------------------
Boateng--------Kolo--------Kompany--------Kolorov
------------------------de Jong-----------------------
-----------------Milner--------Fabregas--------------
--------Balotelli------------------------Silva---------
-------------------------Tevez------------------------

I'd have: -

NDJ Milner

Silva

I know i have ommited Yaya and barry, but this is where the depth of our squad kicks in. for me, this has everything (Maybe missing a bit of height). This will also give us the ability to play 2 attacking winger which Silva would bring into play to really target our striker. Silva would also, as he already has, put some nice balls in for Tevez. Milner isn't an attacking midfielder who outs in nice cheeky passes, he is box to box, good passer with both feet. NDJ one of the best DM around, and should be there to protect the back 4 and track runners from deep.

I think the short comings with the side are the reason Mancini is very happy with 4th, I'm sure he has players and formations he wants us to arrive at but that might occur in stages. Most managers have preferred systems and styles of play, and Im sure Mancini is nearly there, it will take time for players to fit into this system, to learn it and for it to work efficiently. But, time is something that both the fans and media are not allowing City, we should be the polished article already according to some. I do think we should be playing better as ignoring the new players, new formation stuff the players we have are still far more capable than they have showed in many games this season. We have only really been comprehensive against Liverpool and West Brom so there is a lot more to come. I think we need more pace and drive from midfield, something yaya can provide on occasion but doesn't do often enough.

With the personel we have I'd go for:

____________Tevez__________

Balotelli________________Johnson

________Silva____Yaya________

___________De Jong__________

On a side note, I'm not sure Boateng is the answer for RB. He looks, as is the case, like a CB playing RB. We'd benefit greatly from having a quick attack-minded RB imo.

ElanJo said:
With the personel we have I'd go for:

____________Tevez__________

Balotelli________________Johnson

________Silva____Yaya________

___________De Jong__________

On a side note, I'm not sure Boateng is the answer for RB. He looks, as is the case, like a CB playing RB. We'd benefit greatly from having a quick attack-minded RB imo.

I agree with you , we need quick attack-minded RB .

ono said:
I think it's fairly average in truth. It's missing a ball carrier.

Not sure about ball carrier - I think the way Mancini's setting us up to play is less about ball carrying (a la Gerrard, Milner in the middle) than about precise possession play, which needs a Fabregas, a Nasri, an Alonso.

Basically, we could do with a couple more David Silvas.

Until Yaya gets fit and loses some pounds I would like to see us line up like this....

....................NDJ.................Milner.....................
.....AJ......................Dave........................Balo.....
..............................Carlos..................................

or if we are playing narrow.....

...............Yaya..........NDJ.........Milner...............
...............................Dave...............................
.......................Carlos.......Balo.........................

Rammy Blue said:
Until Yaya gets fit and loses some pounds I would like to see us line up like this....

....................NDJ.................Milner.....................
.....AJ......................Dave........................Balo.....
..............................Carlos..................................

or if we are playing narrow.....

...............Yaya..........NDJ.........Milner...............
...............................Dave...............................
.......................Carlos.......Balo.........................

I still don't see Tevez as lone frontman. Have to say I am worried about Yaya too.

For me the best options woul dbe:

.......................De Jong..........................
............Milner....................Barry............

............Silva...................Tevez........
..........................Balotelli.................

or

.........................De Jong...............

.................Silva.................Barry.........

............................Silva....................

.......................Tevez........................
..................................Balotelli...........

or even

Johnson........De Jong..............Barry..........silva

..................................Tevez

...................................Balotelli

Interestingly, you can pick players out of each one of those and potentially swap them about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.