our midfield

de jong is fantistic as the holding tackling midfielder silva is quality at linking the play then we have barry who knits the bits together but is laboured in possesion.i think we agree milner isnt a winger but is he the answer for the middle ?.short term maybe , longterm im not to sure.then theres yaya toure great going forward but when he has to track back plays like his wallets is in his back pocket!.i still feel we lack an engine and a passer in midfield.somebody like yann mvilla who played for france tonight .and the passer maybe schweinsteiger but whos to say what the management will do.but if the fans can see our midfield needs strengthening then surely mancini can.building a team quickly is not as easy as it seems and buying players willy nilly might not be the answer.At barcelona the first team and all the barca academy teams play one system right through so when a player comes into the team they no there jobs straight away just like the old ajax team.maybe the way forward if we do buy a player is to make sure they can play in the system mancini plays.other wise we will just start stock piling players who are of no use.

Our problem isn't in midfield, it's the fact that we haven't got an outlet up front. Tevez and Silva are both genuinely world class talents but both want the ball to feet all the time, we don't have anyone running in behind the opposition defence to open up the pitch and create space. Hopefully Balotelli can provide us with that option because our attacks are so predictable at the moment without his physical presence or pace up front. Once he's back we'll see a completely different team attacking wise, even if he's not scoring goals he'll create room for Tevez, Silva and the midfield players to utilise. We've got the talent, we just haven't gelled and seen it working together yet (West Brom aside). Keep the Faith. Forza Mancini.

Solid enough but hugely lacking in any width or creativity ( Silva apart).
I'd say we have the midfield of a mid table side tbh.

The Fixer said:
just looking for peoples opinions on our midfield are you happy with it? is it the best in the league?

What would you change if anything?

Depends what we're callin' midfield - anything that isn't in the back four nor a recognised striker. I wouldn't count Adam J as midfield, so that's Nige, Bazzer, Yaya and Silva. There isn't enough creativity in that group. Silva is world class and Yaya can shift himself and occasionally look world class(!) but Nige and Gazzer need others to take up what they start. They are good at what they do, and no body I know does the Nige role as well as the tacklingmeister, but the emphasis, for me, in the midfield has got to be more creative than destructive. We are beginning to see more and more of Nige's game, and it has developed beyond what I thought he was capable of bringing to a game but when you have to open up massed defences you need a little bit of, dare I say it, Brazilian magic. There is too much of an emphasis on 'protecting' the back four. Good idea but not at the expense of the attack, which is why we haven't scored as many as CFC.

Rammy Blue said:
Extremely average.

NDJ getting better all the time but needs a player who can pass like Alonso or drive like Gerrard along side him.

Barry is a carthorse but steady.

Yaya is a lardarse who is at least a stone overweight.

Silva is a magician.

AJ has let it all go to his head and needs knocking down a peg or two.

Milner hasn't had the best of starts but needs to play centrally and we will see him improve.

Vieira is class but legs have gone.

In summary we need a creative player who can knock 40 yard passes about and/or a player with drive who is capable of drawing players to him in order to create space.

this pretty much sums up my opinion, my biggest concern is NDJ, he doesn't really play as a midfielder more of a sweeper playing in front of the back four rather than behind therefore we are limited to certain formations with him in the team , he's quality at what he does but doesn't drive the team forward like a top quality defensive midfielder, you also get a lot of defensive midfielders who are good a set peices which leaves NDJ quite limited really, but everyone loves the way he plays and so do I. I don't know what the answer is to that one TBH. Rammyblues summary describes Xavi Alonso to me, people won't like me saying it but I'd have him in before Big Nige as he would offer a lot more to the team than just tackling and getting into the opposition.
Yaya isn't the MVF type player I thought he would be and looks unable to last 90mins or get to grip with the pace of the game. Barry looks a shadow of the box to box player he was Villa, I like Milner but he should be playing centrally, in place of Yaya IMO.

Rammy Blue said:
Extremely average.

NDJ getting better all the time but needs a player who can pass like Alonso or drive like Gerrard along side him.

Barry is a carthorse but steady.

Yaya is a lardarse who is at least a stone overweight.

Silva is a magician.

AJ has let it all go to his head and needs knocking down a peg or two.

Milner hasn't had the best of starts but needs to play centrally and we will see him improve.

Vieira is class but legs have gone.

In summary we need a creative player who can knock 40 yard passes about and/or a player with drive who is capable of drawing players to him in order to create space.
Agree with you, sept from Yaya. Think that's abit harsh haha! I think hes good, a great passer and can also drive forward and when he does he looks unstoppable to get the ball off.

The Fixer said:
just looking for peoples opinions on our midfield are you happy with it? is it the best in the league?

If we had someone playing in the highlighted position below:

--------------------------Hart-------------------------
Boateng--------Kolo--------Kompany--------Kolorov
----------------de Jong--------Barry-----------------
---------------------------?????------------------------
--------Balotelli------------------------Silva-----------
--------------------------Tevez-------------------------

who is like Steven Gerrard from around 2005, we would win the league!

danburge82 said:
The Fixer said:

If we had someone playing in the highlighted position below:

--------------------------Hart-------------------------
Boateng--------Kolo--------Kompany--------Kolorov
----------------de Jong--------Barry-----------------
------------------------?????------------------------
--------Balotelli------------------------Silva-----------
--------------------------Tevez-------------------------

who is like Steven Gerrard from around 2005, wenwoukd win the league!

Wesley Sneijder! Wanna be taken seriously, mount a proper title challenge, be ranked as one of the great teams? Then buy this player for that role and our midfield would be immense. Also I would take Barry out and play Milner or M.Johnson. De Jong can just lay it off to Milner/M.Johnson and Sneijder all day long. With Silva's creativity and Tevez and Balotelli upfront I think just the one player in Sneijder would transform our team. we'd have to trim our midfield, send Yaya packing back to Barca 'cause he doesn't wana be here anyway and give Vieira a coaching role. If City dip into the market in January that is the only player I would want us to break the bank for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.