Our most important player is...

How can one choose the most important player when a player's form can change from week to week because of a) outside factors b) the team we are playing against, c) the state of the pitch, d) their mental attitude/level of confidence that day.

We all know that one day we can be upbeat and ready for anything and the next day something goes wrong and it can influence us even if we think it doesn't

And yes, I know all the arguments about 'but they're being paid zillion amounts of money, and should be playing 1,000% each week' etc. but it doesn't matter if you have had bad news, good news it CAN affect your performance.

Eccles Blue said:
How can one choose the most important player when a player's form can change from week to week because of a) outside factors b) the team we are playing against, c) the state of the pitch, d) their mental attitude/level of confidence that day.

We all know that one day we can be upbeat and ready for anything and the next day something goes wrong and it can influence us even if we think it doesn't

And yes, I know all the arguments about 'but they're being paid zillion amounts of money, and should be playing 1,000% each week' etc. but it doesn't matter if you have had bad news, good news it CAN affect your performance.
Yes, but I think he just wanted to know who you thought was our most important player. . . . . Most of the time. Not every minute of every match.

nice neil said:
Eccles Blue said:

Yes, but I think he just wanted to know who you thought was our most important player. . . . . Most of the time. Not every minute of every match.

I knew that but I couldn't resist writing an essay, I'm sitting around waiting for a parcel to be delivered and felt in the writing mood!! :-)

Johnsonontheleft said:
We will only win the Champions League with Silva in the team.

Our most important player by far.

One of the marvellous qualities of Silva is that he makes everyone around him look fantastic. In particular I think Milner plays so much better when Merlin is on the pitch. They have a very good understanding.

In relation to your point, I absolutely agree and I think the Gooners are quaking in their boots about this weekend.

Fernandhino outstanding. Remember only been here since June & will get better.

FFS sign 1 more like him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.