Our New Shirts

Portsmouth have gold, yes.

Difficult wiht a black kit - the numbers have to show up clearly, so it's got to be a colour like gold, white, or maybe red. Can't see it being red so I reckon, provided we're allowed, we'll go with gold/yellow.

THe white kit is by far the best, but I like the home one - nothing fancy, just nice and simple. Looks great. Now bring back the roundel badge (or even the cup final '69 badge).

Braggster said:
Now bring back the roundel badge (or even the cup final '69 badge).

Work is underway on the round badge I believe. I wouldnt want the Cup final badge as I like the fact that we only ever use it in cup finals, Its the Manchester coat of arms and I think its exclusivity should be preserved for the big occasions. I wouldnt worry though it wont be long before you should be able to get at least 1 kit a season with it on ;o)

Project said:
Dubai Blue said:
mat said:
I hope we have white lettering/numbers on the back of the blackshirts. I think gold reeks of pretenciousness.
The Premier League only provide about 8 colours and we have to choose from those. I doubt gold will be one of them.

Don't Portsmouth have gold on the back of their home shirt? Or could be just yellow...
Black, white, red, gold, blue.

Dubai Blue said:
mat said:
I hope we have white lettering/numbers on the back of the blackshirts. I think gold reeks of pretenciousness.
The Premier League only provide about 8 colours and we have to choose from those. I doubt gold will be one of them.

Erm, if you mean that the Premier League don't offer gold as a colour, then you're wrong. Pompey use it for their home, away and third kits, whilst Arsenal used it on their away and third kits last season. And Wigan's new home shirt has gold numbers and lettering also.

Not sure if we'll use it for the black away kit though, because the shorts and socks for that kit are said to be the same as for the white third shirt, and I can't see gold insignia going well with that. But I could be wrong, they might surprise me.

Although I agree with Mat, gold used unecessarily for number and lettering on football kits does reek of pretentiousnous, so I hope we don't use it for the black kit.

Nicky D said:
Erm, if you mean that the Premier League don't offer gold as a colour, then you're wrong.
Erm, I know. Three other people have already pointed that out.

Mike D said:
4268_80851584077_610604077_1688298_6880890_n.jpg

Appologies if some smartarse has had them up already, but I' m quite impressed with them but would love a black and red one

I love those shirts, for te first time since 1996 im getting all 3 shirts...

It's going to be such a difficult choice, but yhe white one has always been my favorite shirt, had one when I was a nipper.

The black one might get a bit hot in midday sun where I sit during the odd sunny day.

The blue one is so traditional it's playing with my heart strings.

I think it will have to be the white one.

...or the blue one?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.etihadfootball.com/EtihadFootball/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.etihadfootball.com/EtihadFootball/</a>

Just noticed Chelsea have the same sponsor as us!

(I'm sure everyone else noticed it months ago)

if you look at our new sponsors they use black and gold in the advertising , could this be why the second kit will be black ?

Mike D said:
4268_80851584077_610604077_1688298_6880890_n.jpg

Appologies if some smartarse has had them up already, but I' m quite impressed with them but would love a black and red one

They looked good in the other pic but in this pic they look even better! The Black one looks superb! Can't wait for these to be launched.

Good work Mike D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.