Our PR department and the media

We've just had our best week's media coverage since we won the league in 2012. Also, I've just heard Pep being celebrated on Talkshite.
Fantastic football and sold out games gives the media less mud to sling.

The press reaction to us is usually shite but we've got a breather with Leicester City being slaughtered.

More importantly if players decide not to come to us through lack of recognition (player of the year etc) or victimisation (stones, Yaya and Sterling) then the lack of PR impacts us on the pitch directly.

P
Just enjoy it.

Think about it. Some stranger has just walked up and shot your cash cow right in the kite. Right there in front of you. You are hardly going to endear them are you. You are going to do everything you can to hurt them whilst at the same time put your cow on life support.

We have hurt them so much you'd never believe it.. It's fucking brilliant.
problem is Bill you could almost put it down to 'banter' in England because you'd accept 50% of people interested in football know enough and have enough brain cells to make. their own mind up, it's the other 50% plus the rest of the globe that see the face of the premier league as being made up of ex rags and dippers and thus swallowing any shite they spout as the truth.
Besides that , there's no reason ex blues shouldn't be given more of a platform to talk about us especially on commentary teams at our place.

In some respects I feel we've had many complimentary pieces about us over the course of this season.

Jesus in particular has been praised beyond belief. It doesn't detract from the BBC and how they've continually peddled this perpetuated myth that United are the be all and end all.

They've reached sycophantic levels this season, covering a watch event, something that is beyond their remit.

Here's a thought.

You haven't seen anything yet.

If Monaco end up knocking us out of the CL, it will be a free for all.

Just wait and see.

But yes, as a club we don't wash our dirty cloths in public. We don't court negative attention. It's the Arab way. Unfortunately for those running the club, they may see it like that, and it might be a club policy, but the fans do see the headlines, constant attacks on the club, and we feel it. It's wearing us down. In our view, it's turning a positive story into a negative story.

The club is probably dealing with it in their own way. But looking in from the outside, it doesn't feel or look like that.

I am a fan of our PR team. They are playing the long game, staying above the petty baiting, and consistently being professional and classy. If we jumped up screaming at every biased snipe, we would not end the attacks, we would just be throwing petrol on the bonfire. Think about that kid at school that everybody picked on - reacting to the jabs never worked. Because it's never about facts or logic or what's fair. It's all about mob mentality and convenient narratives. And reacting just makes you look small time and pathetic, and your reaction is fun for them - they want to throw another jab to watch the screaming meltdown.

And those that I know personally (VK included) in PR do have a genuine, deep and lifelong love for City.

Why do people listen to the shit like "the Manchester Cold War?" When the Rags are on Match of the Day I turn my TV off and give Manure a hammering on twitter for an hour. It's therapeutic.

I understand the point made about getting worn down by negative media but come on. This is 5-3 week when we should still be celebrating one of the great games in Champs League history.

Also, there's an assumption on here that the PR team should be solely focussed on combatting negative press. They also have an important job looking after our major sponsors who have helped to tansform our Club.

its a closed shop in the media they only want to hear about united and how well they have done and GOOD news from over the road at city does not make the headlines even this morning its all about united road to glory in the league cup final nothing all week about Southampton just united winning and the glory. all united have to do is turn up and walk up the stairs to left the cup

we are fighting a losing battle and the PR people at our club are just working to orders it must not be easy in the media to fight your corner when the big news company's don't want to listen even the local paper in the M.E.N are the leading the line of outlets that run every story about united possible. the hate of manchester city runs deep and know other local media outlets in the country are that bias to there teams like manchester is

the only way is to keep doing the great stuff on and off the field and keep winning and the glory and silverware will be recorded in the history books they don't lie and in the next 30 years people will look back and see manchester city did a great job for football and manchester

I am a fan of our PR team. They are playing the long game, staying above the petty baiting, and consistently being professional and classy. If we jumped up screaming at every biased snipe, we would not end the attacks, we would just be throwing petrol on the bonfire. Think about that kid at school that everybody picked on - reacting to the jabs never worked. Because it's never about facts or logic or what's fair. It's all about mob mentality and convenient narratives. And reacting just makes you look small time and pathetic, and your reaction is fun for them - they want to throw another jab to watch the screaming meltdown.

And those that I know personally (VK included) in PR do have a genuine, deep and lifelong love for City.

I think this time has long passed. We have had this for 5 years already, tell me exactly how long you expect this long game to continue. You obviously don't fully get it being in Austin but it has got to bad now here. I was part of the gently gently side of thinking but nothing has changed at all, nothing. I am not talking about every snipe, but over time they build up and at some point you have to say enough is enough.

Vicky may like the club but all i see is a nice lady, not someone a reporter would be arsed about after doing a hatchet job on the club. To be honest she seems useless, that is the impression given, not great considering what her job title is. I get her directives may force her to be like this, it is still shit and she is head of the dept so she should take the flak tbh.

A good example was the other week i read a small article about china and the cash they have with a generic pic of us mid game. the tone was 'greedy players'. To much of this stuff happens now for my liking, it is underhand and deserves challenging imo. We were not even mentioned in it, rooney was though so why not a pic of him?

Last edited:
Problem is we are in a dammed if we do dammed if we don't situation.

Can you imagine if we got lawyers involved against the people involved telling lies against us in things such as the 5 live program.

You can guarantee the next day the headlines will be city destroying community football with a picture of some fat rag and his ugly kid looking sad telling the world how we are the bad guys etc.

The best way is either to ignore them cancel you're subscriptions etc. Or when tripe such as the cold war things are aired make a concerted collective effort to bombard their facebook, Twitter,email etc so they can't ignore us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.