Our relationship with the Champions League

Don't like the competition, or the organisation. Still went last night though as I support the club. Absolutely hate the booing, I just find it petty and childish. However, if it makes you happy then crack on.

Don't like the competition, or the organisation. Still went last night though as I support the club. Absolutely hate the booing, I just find it petty and childish. However, if it makes you happy then crack on.
Give me an alternative way to voice my feelings on that bunch of shit bags that doesn't involve not going to a game when City are playing and I'll consider it.

My feelings about the competition haven't changed just because of last night, but it was the very first time a Champions League game has got under my skin. I wasn't buzzing when we beat Paris and I wasn't gutted when we lost to Madrid last season; you'd think I would be, but I just wasn't. To be honest by the time I'd got home on both of those nights I was pretty emotionless about either result.

Last night it was different. I was excited by the match, I was buzzing with the win and it's still a great feeling today.

I've not changed my mind about the competition though. Not yet. Look at the fucking ref for an example why. But more nights like last night and it might go some way to changing that.

Last night it was like we were playing against 12 men and I think as new fans to proper European nights, this is one of the reasons we fucking hate UEFA. But as fans of other English clubs that have been in Europe will tell you, its a regular occurrence with the ref's nearly always being bias towards the big Euro teams. But last night we even managed to beat them with our backs against the wall, it was a big middle finger to UEFA and the elite IMO, and if that isn't a reason to get behind it then i don't know what is. They showed a huge desire to win and personally that's enough for me. Stop the booing and instead drown it out with clapping and chanting.

Barcelona fans also boo'd the anthem both at the Camp Nou and at our's last night too - Barcaloba got fined for displaying Catalan flags (not allowed in UEFA rules to show political things in the stands).

The Champions League is now a bloated, self perpetuating cash cow, occasionally won by an English Club on penalties.

In fact, once I’ve yawned through the grainy images of George Best, and David Fairclough, I find myself sneering at the mythology of those fabled european nights, which in truth have never really existed.

However, our owners think differently, and all things considered, I quite enjoyed last night.

My feelings about the competition haven't changed just because of last night, but it was the very first time a Champions League game has got under my skin. I wasn't buzzing when we beat Paris and I wasn't gutted when we lost to Madrid last season; you'd think I would be, but I just wasn't. To be honest by the time I'd got home on both of those nights I was pretty emotionless about either result.

Last night it was different. I was excited by the match, I was buzzing with the win and it's still a great feeling today.

I've not changed my mind about the competition though. Not yet. Look at the fucking ref for an example why. But more nights like last night and it might go some way to changing that.
This.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.