Just made this my facebook status

Since Sheikh Mansour arrived

Transfer Spending - 355 million GBP
Total Wages (New and Existing) - 487.8 million GBP
Takeover Cost - 210 million GBP
Club Improvements - 20 million GBP

Total - 1.08 Billion GBP

More than the debt at Trafford Reds.

If Carlsberg made football owners..................oh, it looks like they do make football owners. Lol.

I can say this: everyone in here with a season ticket, and who goes on most away games, have spent more on city based on their annual salary than our owner :)

Prophet of Doom said:
Why do they include wages commitment ???? Ridiculous
To make it seem we've spent more, been a media trick since the takeover now.

Anyways, thank you Sheikh Mansour, a true City legend.

johnny crossan said:
Project said:
those wages and whatnot are over the 4-5 year period in which their contracts run. and in that time we will probably have brought in revenues of 5-600m all told. so slightly disingenuous.

"slightly disingenuous" - as in slightly false - I can't believe there are people on here who want to denigrate what our owner has done for City.
He's not denigrating it. Simply pointing out that spending on wages is revenue spend (although he is underwriting it to some degree until our revenue stream can support it) whereas spending on infrastructure and players is capital spend. You could say the Glazers and Hicks/Gillett have been splashing out as they'll probably "spend" something similar on wages over the same period. What they haven't done though is put their hands in their pockets at all to fund capital expenditure, whereas the Sheikh hasn't stinted for one moment.

Why do the press never point out the trail of broken promises from club owners or pontificate on crooks like Ken Bates or Sacha Gaydamak?

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnny crossan said:
"slightly disingenuous" - as in slightly false - I can't believe there are people on here who want to denigrate what our owner has done for City.
He's not denigrating it. Simply pointing out that spending on wages is revenue spend (although he is underwriting it to some degree until our revenue stream can support it) whereas spending on infrastructure and players is capital spend. You could say the Glazers and Hicks/Gillett have been splashing out as they'll probably "spend" something similar on wages over the same period. What they haven't done though is put their hands in their pockets at all to fund capital expenditure, whereas the Sheikh hasn't stinted for one moment.

Why do the press never point out the trail of broken promises from club owners or pontificate on crooks like Ken Bates or Sacha Gaydamak?

Exactly, it wasn't a criticism. I just don't want to see the headlines about Mansour spending a billion and hasn't won the title - because that is patently false.

Sheikh Mansour my Lord, Sheikh Mansour,
Oh Lord, Sheikh Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.