Our Squad.

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 14625

I never usually post in this part of the forum because it's too fuckin stupid most of the time. But I realised the theme of my thread wouldn't be a Bluemoon thread so came straight to Transfer.

So with all the speculation on who is or is not coming into the club I'd like to see what people thought of who may leave.

I understand that the team we play, whether we are home or away, who is injured, any suspensions, players being in and out of form etc will all have a bearing on what our starting XI will be. For example the starting XI below will be fine in many home games and some away, but against many teams away and most top half teams at home we may have to sacrifice a foward player to put De Jong in front of the defence.
So obviously the starting XI would probably be different from this a lot of the time - and many may disagree with my choices anyway.

But look further down and where every team in the world would like to see two players for every position, we actually have three, and more in some cases. Yes, there is a team called the reserves and many may find themselves in there whether they like it or not, it's just tough luck and that's life! But there are players who we could actually make some money off by selling and replacing them in the reserves with youth team players. And why not? And there are some players who are simply not good enough!
But who will/should them players [to be sold/released] be?

(Some haven't signed yet, but prob will - I've not put the stupid ones in like Maicon, Messi, Di Stafeano!)

-------------------Hart-----------------
Boateng---Kompany---Lescott---Kolarov
-------------------Yaya-----------------
Milner------------Silva--------AJohnson
-------------Tevez------Adebayor-------

------------------Given-----------------
Zabaleta-----Kolo-----Boyata-----Bridge
----------------de Jong------------------
W-P----------MJohnson---------Robinho
----------Balotelli-------Bellamy---------

-------------------Taylor------------------
Richards---Onuoha---Cunningham---Garrido
-------------------Barry-------------------
Etuhu-------------Ireland------------Weiss
---------------Jo--------Guidetti----------

Gunnar, Gonzales, Logan, Vidal, Vieira, Ibrahim, Tchuimeni-Nimely, Caicedo, Santa Cruz

-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am --

There's 42 players there by the way, forty-fuckin-two!!

danburge82 said:
I never usually post in this part of the forum because it's too fuckin stupid most of the time. But I realised the theme of my thread wouldn't be a Bluemoon thread so came straight to Transfer.

So with all the speculation on who is or is not coming into the club I'd like to see what people thought of who may leave.

I understand that the team we play, whether we are home or away, who is injured, any suspensions, players being in and out of form etc will all have a bearing on what our starting XI will be. For example the starting XI below will be fine in many home games and some away, but against many teams away and most top half teams at home we may have to sacrifice a foward player to put De Jong in front of the defence.
So obviously the starting XI would probably be different from this a lot of the time - and many may disagree with my choices anyway.

But look further down and where every team in the world would like to see two players for every position, we actually have three, and more in some cases. Yes, there is a team called the reserves and many may find themselves in there whether they like it or not, it's just tough luck and that's life! But there are players who we could actually make some money off by selling and replacing them in the reserves with youth team players. And why not? And there are some players who are simply not good enough!

(Some haven't signed yet, but prob will - I've not put the stupid ones in like Maicon, Messi, Di Stafeano!)

Gunnar, Gonzales, Logan, Vidal, Vieira, Ibrahim, Tchuimeni-Nimely, Caicedo, Santa Cruz

The magic number is 25 with 8 Association trained of whom 4 have to be club trained, you can forget the U21 club trained - Weiss, Ibrahim, Nimely, Guidetti, Cunningham, Boyata etc - so which 11 of the other 36 do you think is for the chop/loan to meet the Prem/UEFA regs?

And my next question is which 7 of the remaining 25 don't make the team or the bench?

For some reason I don't know much about this 25 with 8.

Do I have tuis right?

Four club trained, home grown players: Onuoha MJohnson Ireland Wright-Phillips
Four other home grown players: Hart Boyata Ibrahim Guidetti
And 17 other players: Boateng Kompany Lescott Kolarov Yaya Milner Sliva AJohnson Tevez Adebayor Given Zabaleta Bridge Kolo deJong Balotelli Bellamy

Or do players like Lescott Bridge AJohnson count for other home grown? (sorry I've not seen owt about this yet!)

johnny crossan said:
danburge82 said:

The magic number is 25 with 8 Association trained of whom 4 have to be club trained, you can forget the U21 club trained - Weiss, Ibrahim, Nimely, Guidetti, Cunningham, Boyata etc - so which 11 of the other 36 do you think is for the chop/loan to meet the Prem/UEFA regs?

And my next question is which 7 of the remaining 25 don't make the team or the bench?

It's only the Europa League were 4 players over 21 have to be club trained.

The Premiership are only saying 8 association players.

mad zab said:
johnny crossan said:

It's only the Europa League were 4 players over 21 have to be club trained.

The Premiership are only saying 8 association players.

Ideally we want the same 25 man senior squad for the Prem League & Europe. If 2 or more of our 5 club trained players leave we would have to promote U21s from the B squad for the Europa League such as Weiss & Boyata at the expense of senior players - as happened with Liverpool and Sammi Hyppia. This is not a good plan.

-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 am --

danburge82 said:
For some reason I don't know much about this 25 with 8.

Do I have tuis right?

Four club trained, home grown players: Onuoha MJohnson Ireland Wright-Phillips
Four other home grown players: Hart Boyata Ibrahim Guidetti
And 17 other players: Boateng Kompany Lescott Kolarov Yaya Milner Sliva AJohnson Tevez Adebayor Given Zabaleta Bridge Kolo deJong Balotelli Bellamy

Or do players like Lescott Bridge AJohnson count for other home grown? (sorry I've not seen owt about this yet!)

'Fraid not

For Europe Ned, Superman, Micah, Michael Johnson, Logan, Etuhu and SWP are our only club trained senior players.

Club trained U21s are eligible as part of the B squad for both the League and UEFA anyway - Weiss, Boyata, Guidetti, Ibrahim, Cunningham etc

Hart is English & Welsh Association trained, not club trained, along with Adam Johnson, Barry, Bellamy, Lescott, Bridge, Taylor and Milner (if he signs).

The rest are foreign, including Scottish trained Shay Given and Balotelli if he signs even though he is under 21, and can only total 17 out of 25 senior squad members.

Of course JC it would be ideal to have the same squad for the two competitions. But I think if Boyata and Weiss had to register has squad rather than under 21 players for the Europa League it wouldn't really weaken us.

mad zab said:
Of course JC it would be ideal to have the same squad for the two competitions. But I think if Boyata and Weiss had to register has squad rather than under 21 players for the Europa League it wouldn't really weaken us.

maybe they could leave Vieira and Gonzales out for them - relying on cover from Ibrahim and Karius, that would probably work.

johnny crossan said:
mad zab said:

maybe they could leave Vieira and Gonzales out for them - relying on cover from Ibrahim and Karius, that would probably work.

Personally I think Vieira will play more in this competition than the Premiership. I don't think Gonzales will be registered anyway, with Hart, Given and Taylor being the preferred keepers.

But if MJ gets fit, SWP & Ireland stay then with Micah that will fulfill our quota.

-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:30 am --

This is how I see our final squad

Goalkeepers

Hart, Given, Taylor

Defenders

Micah, Zab, Kolo, Jerome, Vinny, Lescott, Kolarov, Bridge

Midfielders

Yaya, Nige, PV, Barry, Milner, Silva, MJ, Stevie

Attackers

SWP, AJ, Bellers, Ade, Tevez

That's 24 players and I don't think I have forgotten anyone.

So we have a place for one more unless Robbie stays.

I see Nedum, Garrido, Logan, Etuhu, Jo, Caceido & Santa Cruz has definitely leaving.

So my home grown players would be: Hart Lescott Milner AJohnson Bridge Wright-Phillips MJohnson Bellamy Taylor Richards

My none home grown players would be: Boateng Kompany Kolarov Yaya Silva Tevez Adebayor Given Zabaleta Kolo deJong Balotelli Boyata Guidetti Ibrahim

I would therefore sell or release: Cunningham Garrido Robinho Jo Gunnar T-Nimely Gonzales Caicedo SantaCruz Barry Etuhu Logan Onuoha Vidal Vieira Ireland Weiss

And my squad teams would be:

---------------------Hart------------------
---------------------Yaya------------------
Milner--------------Silva---------AJohnson
--------------Tevez-------Adebayor-------

--------------------Given--------------------
Richards------Kolo------Boyata------Bridge
-------------------deJong--------------------
W-P-------------MJohnson----------Bellamy
-----------Balotelli-----Guidetti-------------

Taylor Zabaleta Ibrahim

Wow, that was hard work and a hell of a lot of players to sell and release! Will we have the right squad size come Sept 1st?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.