Our Squad.

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
tommytheblue said:
mad zab said:
Balotelli would not count as under 21, because have to be at the club for 3 years between 16 & 21.

He would count as an u21, just not a home grown.
Doesn't matter, under the age of 21 you do not have to be registered.
the 3 years is of importance for classifying home grown players, who will be registered.

a B-list, featuring as many players as they want who were under the age of 21 at the start of the previous January

club trained U21s only for the B List in both the Premier and Europa Leagues. Balotelli would have to classed as one of the 17 non-association trained A squad members if he was going to be registered. Being under 21 is not enough.

johnny crossan said:
tommytheblue said:
He would count as an u21, just not a home grown.
Doesn't matter, under the age of 21 you do not have to be registered.
the 3 years is of importance for classifying home grown players, who will be registered.

club trained U21s only for the B List in both the Premier and Europa Leagues. Balotelli would have to classed as one of the 17 non-association trained A squad members if he was going to be registered. Being under 21 is not enough.

No he doesn't have to be registered. No under 21s have to be registered.

Where has it said that the u-21 have to be club trained???

Why is signing a 19 yr old Balotelli any different than 16 yr old Guidetti or Boyata? As far as I know neither of them have been here 3 yrs either

edit: Ignore that last bit they have been here 3 yrs
edit again: Guidetti hasn't been here 3 yrs, I really need to learn how to count

given
hart(home grown)
taylor
gonzales

kompany
richards(home grown)
lescott
boateng
bridge
k toure
zabaleta
kolarov

silva
y toure
berry
de jong
adam johnson
m johnson(home grown)
weiss(home grown)
ireland(home grown)
milner?

tevez
bellamy
robinho
adebayor
balotelli(if we get him, he dont count, he is under 21)

players to sell:
caicedo
jo
RSC
etuhu
garrido
logan
onuoha
SWP

and make vieria some sort of coach

Vidal is over 21 now but he wasn't on 01/01/2010 so he doesn't count and can be "B" listed

It looks like Balotelli plus Milner and then NINE players will have to go (or can only play in FA/League Cup)

We have 39 days before the window closes and the 25 have to be named.

2 IN

9 OUT

11 TOTAL

That's a transfer ever 3.5 days from now. Crazy stuff!

depps said:
johnny crossan said:

Why is signing a 19 yr old Balotelli any different than 16 yr old Guidetti or Boyata?

Wrong I'm afraid you need to read the regs. A minimum of 4 club trained players applies to the europa squad but not to the prem league squad, both however require 8 association trained players in the 25. The U21 B list can indeed be as large as you like but in both cases the players need to be club trained. If we sign Balotelli he would need to registered in the A squad for both competitions because although he is under 21 he is not club trained. Guidetti, Boyata etc are all available via the B list because they are club trained.

johnny crossan said:
depps said:

Why is signing a 19 yr old Balotelli any different than 16 yr old Guidetti or Boyata?

Wrong I'm afraid you need to read the regs. A minimum of 4 club trained players applies to the europa squad but not to the prem league squad, both however require 8 association trained players in the 25. The U21 B list can indeed be as large as you like but in both cases the players need to be club trained. If we sign Balotelli he would need to registered in the A squad for both competitions because although he is under 21 he is not club trained. Guidetti, Boyata etc are all available via the B list because they are club trained.

But what is it that makes Gudetti club trained and not Balo? Guidetti hasn't been here 3 yrs yet

i no last night game was only i friendly but i was watching how sporting retained possesion of the ball we gave it away far to much.we have lots of defensive type midfielders viera toure barry de jong and have signed silva for creativity does anyone still think were lacking ball playing type midfielders because other than ireland who may go we dont seem to have anyone.surely we need a couple more.

FUManUtd said:
given
hart(home grown)
taylor
gonzales

kompany
richards(home grown)
lescott
boateng
bridge
k toure
zabaleta
kolarov

silva
y toure
berry
de jong
adam johnson
m johnson(home grown)
weiss(home grown)
ireland(home grown)
milner?

tevez
bellamy
robinho
adebayor
balotelli(if we get him, he dont count, he is under 21)

players to sell:
caicedo
jo
RSC
etuhu
garrido
logan
onuoha
SWP

and make vieria some sort of coach

For Europe Ned, Superman, Micah, Michael Johnson, Logan, Etuhu and SWP are our only club trained senior players.

Club trained U21s are eligible as part of the B squad for both the League and UEFA anyway - Weiss, Boyata, Guidetti, Ibrahim, Cunningham etc

Hart is English & Welsh Association trained, not club trained, along with Adam Johnson, Barry, Bellamy, Lescott, Bridge, Taylor and Milner (if he signs).

The rest are foreign, including Scottish trained Shay Given and Balotelli if he signs even though he is under 21, and can only total 17 out of 25 senior squad members.

JC where can the actual regs be found?

All I can find is this and it doesn't say U-21 must be club trained: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1797582,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headl ... 82,00.html</a>

depps said:
JC where can the actual regs be found?

All I can find is this and it doesn't say U-21 must be club trained: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1797582,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headl ... 82,00.html</a>

He is saying the Europa regs say 4 must be club trained.

EPL is just 8 home grown total.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.