Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

I could make the case that he'll develop better over there anyways. We have first buy back option, if he's good enough he'll thrive in the first team or eventually be sold off. Best of luck

The Academy if I am right isn't primarily about players being good enough for us, that is the cherry on the cake from what I can remember it is to ensure that players have a football career suited to their ability and if not to give them an education and opportunities away from football.

All things considered, mainly him having 12 months left, that is a pretty good deal which has covered all bases. If he makes it at Barca, we get quite a bit of cash while retaining first option. If he doesn't, we get 20% of next sale.

I know it is only twitter so have no idea how accurate this is but

Barca will pay £1.5m for Suarez rising to a possible £7m. City have first option to buy back and get 20% profit of next sale. (@barcastuff)

Rammyblues said:
The Academy if I am right isn't primarily about players being good enough for us, that is the cherry on the cake from what I can remember it is to ensure that players have a football career suited to their ability and if not to give them an education and opportunities away from football.

I imagine it is also about making money. Even if players aren’t good enough for the first team if we sell them for say £5m that’s still a tidy profit.
Worst case scenario we bring through one player a season that is good enough for the first team that will save us say £10m at least in transfer fees we’d have to shell out to actually buy someone. Then if we sell another 5 players per season then that could be £25m a year coming from the academy.
And that is discounting the possibility of us bringing through one or two genuinely world class players every few years that would save us the best part of £30m

wireblue said:
Rammyblues said:

I imagine it is also about making money. Even if players aren’t good enough for the first team if we sell them for say £5m that’s still a tidy profit.
Worst case scenario we bring through one player a season that is good enough for the first team that will save us say £10m at least in transfer fees we’d have to shell out to actually buy someone. Then if we sell another 5 players per season then that could be £25m a year coming from the academy.
And that is discounting the possibility of us bringing through one or two genuinely world class players every few years that would save us the best part of £30m
Wow that is a pretty fucked up equation tbh. Most of the players who doesn't become anything at city will run out of their contract and go on the free, some of them well be sold for around 500k+ and then a few of them will be sold for a couple of millions and once in a bluemoon someone will actually become a valuable first team player ;)

pee dubya said:
Barcelona pay 1.8M for City's Denis Suarez. 1M now, 0.8M when promoted. Incentives of 0.8M for every 10 games with first team, max 8M [rac1]
If he's successful we'll do ok out of it, if he's not then he'd never have made it here anyway i suppose.

That's how I feel as well. When the rumors fisrt came out I was dissapointed we were gonna sell him for almost nothing. Now that it turns out we still have a stake in him if he's sold and if he plays well. So we get money for someone who was gone in the summer anyway but if he turns out to be a player, we get paid a bit.

spinzer said:
wireblue said:
Rammyblues said:

Wow that is a pretty fucked up equation tbh. Most of the players who doesn't become anything at city will run out of their contract and go on the free, some of them well be sold for around 500k+ and then a few of them will be sold for a couple of millions and once in a bluemoon someone will actually become a valuable first team player ;)

Not that fucked up when you consider we're selling suarez for a fee rising to 7m and that's before the academy is properly in operation to scale it will be in future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.