Our supporters.

Although I agree the atmosphere has been flat pretty much since we won the title(as have the performances), I can't see how anyone can claim it's costing us points or that the Etihad isn't a fortress. We have the best home record in England over the past few years and are absolutely dominant at home

Stand in block 111.

It's the same people who start the songs off all the time.

Then some others join in.

Apparently 110/111/109 are singing blocks? No!

That''s nearly 1500 fans. If 1500 fans sang, you'd hear it.

You can probably fit all the *dedicated singers* into 1 block. Then again.....

As for the SS, It's the same over there. 3 blocks, 1500 singers. Once again, no.

On a good day against one of the big clubs, then all the blocks are up for it. Apart from that, it's pretty poor.

ASs for the rest of the stadium, forget it.

Let's be honest, we slate United and their home support, but at least they get the whole of their stadium singing at times.(Rag)

BigOscar said:
Although I agree the atmosphere has been flat pretty much since we won the title(as have the performances), I can't see how anyone can claim it's costing us points or that the Etihad isn't a fortress. We have the best home record in England over the past few years and are absolutely dominant at home

My point is that a vocal home support would gain us 5-10 (more wins in Europe maybe?) points a season. I don't necessarily mean we're losing points.

There are a lot of scattered singers for sure, I've seen a fair number of young lads nearby who like to sing but are pressured into silence by the pervasive 'sit down, shut up' thing. If the club could somehow entice these together, we'd have an atmosphere.

May be entering risky territory here here, but is it possible some of our older fans are just taking up space in the singing areas and can't be arsed singing anymore? Or is that a classic case of ageism? :)

goatinho said:
do something about it then....
Much easier said than done.

Me and the bloke I sit next to gave it loads of "Come On City, Come On City"s today and not once did it take off around us. The Singing Section or South Stand sing something at a hundred mile an hour for ten seconds then stop, or are so quiet you can't quite make out what's being sung, so anyone else wanting to join in around the ground have nowt to join in with.

The vocal area efforts are too small, the tiers are too small, everyone else is to shy/can't be arsed around the ground. Collectively (stadium and fans) we're not good at creating atmosphere at all.

It's not just us, across the country you can count on one hand the amount of good sets of home fans. Last night Chelsea seemed like they were an embarrassment - Bayern fans were AMAZING - but no English fans would have matched them last night and 3/4 would have seemed as bad as Chelsea.

In the last decade the only atmospheres English clubs have made in a home game in Europe that have really been good were United against Madrid last season, us against Hamburg in the UEFA a few years ago and a few Liverpool nights around 2005-2007 at Anfield.

At the Etihad in the CL in the six home games we've had so far we've been dreadful. It's not just one section it's the whole ground.

We've got used to not making noise and are in an atmosphere rut!

When we expand the stadium we have to unite the Singing Section and South Stand, we HAVE TO! Double the numbers in one area and it will double the atmosphere immediately, at least double the noise when a song kicks off in that area and then maybe other fans around the ground can join in with something they can actually hear. Give it a season (not one game efforts where we've filled the gap with tourists like we have done on two separate occasions) and I think it would improve the atmosphere ten fold.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:31 pm --<br /><br />
BigOscar said:
We didn't beat United Arsenal Liverpool Everton Norwich at home last season when we beat all of them the season before, we didn't win one CL game and lost to Villa in the FL Cup. The Etihad is not a fortress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.