Ousmane Dembélé

Maybe wrong but my impression is that we are going for Sanchez, and another forward.

Mbappe if we can get him, or Dembele.

Assuming we get Alves and Mendy, that takes us to 16 foreign spots, leaving 1 space for Sanchez/alternative, we can't accommodate two more foreign attackers in the squad without selling. And that's already assuming players like Fernando are gone. We don't have any wiggle room in terms of getting rid of extra defenders or midfielders so we'd have to get rid of a forward and none of Sergio, Jesus or Sane are going anywhere.

This entirely.

I'm sick of the "we could have got him earlier for a fraction of that price" arguments when we're linked with an expensive player. As you said, Dembele wanted Dortmund and I wouldn't at all be surprised if we had left a similar offer on the table at the time. However, we're not the only club in Europe who can entice players.
I'm sick of people wgo are sick of the we could have gotten him for a fraction of the price.

There! I said it. Moaning about moaners are boring :p

This kids looks like the real deal, skill, pace, vision and youth, as much as I'd love Sanchez, this kid fuckin excites, I get that experience is needed for the run in, but we got Merlin, Komps, Kun, Yaya (and maybe Alves) et al to impart wisdom, get the new blood I say, fuck the cost, if we wanna play with the big boys, better bring (the) big balls. Sane, Raz, Eddie Ederson, KDB, Gundo, B. Silva, Jesus, and (god, buddah, Allah, jesus) willing we can add then Walker, Mendy, Dembele and whoever else into the mix... oh my days... I'll have nothing left in the tank for XHamster...

I could actually see you guys going for dembele, but would you rather spend 50-60m on sanchez or just go straight big and pay the 70-80 for dembele? Dembele is a fucking immense talent, future B'allon d'or winner easily, kid just needs the right environment to play at.

Why not both? We only have 2 proper wingers at the moment (Sane and Sterling) and we need at least 4 to make sure we have enough strength in depth in this area, especially since those 4 players would need to play over 60 games (at their best) to achieve the quadruple the club is supposed to be aiming for. Thus considering the proven talent of Sanchez and from what I have seen from Ousmane (especially against England) we should indeed sign both. Especially since it is a hard choice between picking either of the 2 players.

Same Dembele that was available for 15 million last year? Same guy everyone and their mother knew was on the way to being great? That guy?

In principle alone, we should not make this deal. a 70 million Euros profit after 1 season? Damn, Dortmund must be on some Juventuss shit. Ley someone else pay it.

Let him go too Barcelona, when he can't dislodge the front 3, we'd getting in 2 years for 35 million. Lets just hope we don't cock it up like we did Sanchez 3 seasons ago.

By that logic de bruyne wouldn't have been bought

Get him in if hes available!

I'm sick of people wgo are sick of the we could have gotten him for a fraction of the price.

There! I said it. Moaning about moaners are boring :p

You made a post a few weeks ago about the arrogance of blues in denial of the fact that other players may simply have a preference for another club over us. I believe it was about Van Dijk.

To me, claiming "we could have got Dembele for €15m a year ago" is the same thing. Just because Dortmund got him for that price, it's not an indicator that we could have got him for the same (or at all). The player appears to have preferred another club so that fee is irrelevant and claiming that we shouldn't sign him on that principle is equally so.

You made a post a few weeks ago about the arrogance of blues in denial of the fact that other players may simply have a preference for another club over us. I believe it was about Van Dijk.

To me, claiming "we could have got Dembele for €15m a year ago" is the same thing. Just because Dortmund got him for that price, it's not an indicator that we could have got him for the same (or at all). The player appears to have preferred another club so that fee is irrelevant and claiming that we shouldn't sign him on that principle is equally so.
Was just messing around with you.

Didn't know we tried but he chose Dortmund. Thought we didn't see the obvious and now are simply paying the late fee. But Doma and ADegen corrected my misconception. Even though as usual, Doma stretched the reasoning too far :p

But in the end, my post to you was meant to be ironic. I was moaning about people who moan about moaners. Which ironically was in itself a moan about moaner...

Spell check, poor spelling and fat fingers totally messed that up for me. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.