Over 30's only

I'm 52 and this is the best City's been since I was 17, however I don't wish I was 17, but I wish I could be thirty again! I envy all you guys, my advice don't ever waste an erection, trust me there'll be a time when with all the will in the world they won't happen!!

Im 32 and watched city through the bad times and very bad times the good times are yet to come so come on city CTID

The under thirties are "The MacDonald's" age.......... want everything instantly or they throw their toys from the pram.

I find it incredible that there are so many apparently unhappy, dissatisfied Blues at a time when we have our best squad ever, a very good manager (who could become a great) and a very healthy bank balance. The future has never looked so good for City... we are 4th after 10 games (having not played particularly well for a number of those games) with a real opportunity of finishing anywhere in the top 4 and some are unhappy. Just incredible!

The men at the top know what they are doing. Place some trust in them. There are many more pros than cons imho.

Imagine this.

City fan goes to York and City lose 2-1. He is seriously worried and unhappy on the way home and, unfortunately, he has a serious accident and is in a coma. He wakes up in 2010, finds out what has happened to his beloved City and is unhappy! ;o)

the only advice I can give our younger members for at this present moment and for when you get old is...

1) have some patience, I've waited 39 years to see us win something and I can wait a little longer
2) never waste a hard-on
3) the club isn't in turmoil, regardless of what the gutter press say
4) never pass a toilet as the urge to use one could hit you any minute now
5) the club is in very good hands, its the best days I've ever seen as a city fan
6) never trust a fart

what us old folk never had was a platform like BM,we went to MR,we booed we roared we surged down the terraces and embraced total strangers.We slashed on the wall at the back of the Kippax,laughed at the attendance figures,every one(it seemed) smoked,and generally took what came and accepted it,the crowd amusing themselves when the game was crap.Squeezing through the gates at the end was pretty hair-raising too.The videos of the german fans is the nearest i've seen to how it was.And if you were near a drunken boo boy you moved.All seaters have diminished the game experience for me,the admission prices have made a big difference as well,can you imagine a 'corporate roar' ,no neither can i.I used to live 4 miles from the ground ,the roars were easily heard coming from MR and as a kid it was thrilling,if you were in the queue and the roof came off everyone became frantic,turnstiles became a logjam but dont remember any one getting crushed.Still, it's what we have,dead atmospheres but a lively forum.The only hope is that if attendances continue to fall,sky lose more customers then maybe standing areas (with safety issues addressed)will return and the match day experience will start to get back to what it used to be.Kin'ell me Horlicks has gone cold

I am 41 and this is the best team/squad we have had in my lifetime.

I should be very happy, i should be excited with us having the chance to challenge the very best but i find myself losing a little more interest in football in general with each year.

When i watch City these days i feel confident we wont lose (bar last few games) and never before have i had that feeling but with all the contant negativity about us, and there isnt any getting away with it, and seeing pathetic, yes pathetic refereeing week in week out and the same issues with some teams/players getting away with it time and again (Why no mention of Scholes pushing Clattenburg anywhere???? and why on earth was the Stoke goal disallowed at Everton which cost them a point, hardly a push was it, and Pool getting away with yet another handball against them in the box and dont get me started on Nani) its no wonder im losing interest.

How many live games where there this weekend in total. 6,7 ? How many did i watch? None. Years ago would have been 2-3

Its like the Glazers poster saying, Love City, getting to hate football

45 years old and seen it all good and very very bad. I am however the eternal optimist. I believe that one day it will just click and we will seriously paste someone. Hopefully starting next match.
I don't know how other older fans feel but I still get giddy going to the match, even my lad who is 15 tells me to grow up. To me it's everything, the journey, the carpark, seeing other fans, the smell of the place everything. I LOVE IT!!!!

Seen some quite laughable performances/teams/managers over the years. I remember a pissy down soaking midweek game v Wimbledon in the mid-late 90's. We were losing as per usual and I decided my time would be spent better in the Sherwood. As I came out we equalised, but those coming out of the ground with me barely mustered a smile, let alone be happy we drew. Those were dark times, as obviously was the time in the 3rd tier, however at least that had an element of comedy about it, given the fact nothing really surprised us back then.
Right now as i'm sat here after Saturday, I can't help feel success will never come to us. No matter what we do, (and spending £300+ in 2 years is quite a statement), it just seems that sometimes we are a million miles away from success, and I can't put it down to any one thing in particular. To sum up, as an over 30 year old who has seen shite since 1988, (apart from KK's promotion team), I feel like a 'typical Blue' right now, and only the manager and his array of truly talented players, (because they are), can put that right. I have little faith at this precise moment in time though.

hertsblue said:
I am 41 and this is the best team/squad we have had in my lifetime.

I should be very happy, i should be excited with us having the chance to challenge the very best but i find myself losing a little more interest in football in general with each year.

When i watch City these days i feel confident we wont lose (bar last few games) and never before have i had that feeling but with all the contant negativity about us, and there isnt any getting away with it, and seeing pathetic, yes pathetic refereeing week in week out and the same issues with some teams/players getting away with it time and again (Why no mention of Scholes pushing Clattenburg anywhere???? and why on earth was the Stoke goal disallowed at Everton which cost them a point, hardly a push was it, and Pool getting away with yet another handball against them in the box and dont get me started on Nani) its no wonder im losing interest.

How many live games where there this weekend in total. 6,7 ? How many did i watch? None. Years ago would have been 2-3

Its like the Glazers poster saying, Love City, getting to hate football

have to agree with this, very well put, the football on offer nowadays is beyond saturation point, I get bored watching half of it (not City, usually). Also It seems every week there is 1/2/3/4 talking points of teams being shit on by refs, goals that should have stood, pens that weren't given and it really does seem to be the usual suspects who benefit and the usual suspects who are punished. I don't believe the old 'these things equal themselves out' as that is just an excuse and a way of making fans believe that no one person that isn't a player is able to influence the result of a game, BOLLOCKS, try telling that to a Spuds fan when mentioning clattenberg and Old Trafford! If Clattenberg isn't brought to book on allowing that goal then it really does point to 'the big teams getting the big decisions' how else can you explain it? can anyone really say that if Blackburn were playing Utd at Ewood then that goal would have been allowed...NOT A CHANCE!!!
Anyway rant over, back to the vallium!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.