Overcrowding during Sheffield Wednesday-Newcastle FA Cup tie

I can't help you with that...
Maybe the 50 Newcastle fans who complained to Sheff wed of dangerous over crowding once again in the leppings lane end can assit ?
My comment was directed at the lie that Sheff Wednesday did not have a safety certificate at the time of the Hillsborough disaster.

With David Duckenfield only being put in charge 3 months before the 89 semi, there were calls to let the bigger northern team (Liverpool) have the kop rather than the Leppings Lane end but this was dismissed, although in 88 with the previous Chief Superintendant (Brian Mole) in charge Liverpool still didn't get the kop, nor Leeds United in 87 semi, so you may have been right.
A mate of mine (Leeds fan) was at the '87 final against Coventry.
Yes, LUFC were in the Leppings Lane end, with the smaller club, Coventry, given the huge Kop.
He told me the following Monday at work, he thought "his time was up".
Apparently, it was bedlam, with massive overcrowding.
Cannot understand how SYP did not look at previous Semi Final allocations of ends ?
If it was decided purely on geography (the most Southern team getting the Kop), then surely the Leppings Lane allocated team should have had more of the two sides' seat tickets, as Leeds had a much bigger support around '87...

A mate of mine (Leeds fan) was at the '87 final against Coventry.
Yes, LUFC were in the Leppings Lane end, with the smaller club, Coventry, given the huge Kop.
He told me the following Monday at work, he thought "his time was up".
Apparently, it was bedlam, with massive overcrowding.
Cannot understand how SYP did not look at previous Semi Final allocations of ends ?
If it was decided purely on geography (the most Southern team getting the Kop), then surely the Leppings Lane allocated team should have had more of the two sides' seat tickets, as Leeds had a much bigger support around '87...
Yep was always a mystery to us which team they gave the Kop and which team the Lepp with Liverpool & Leeds getting the bigger standing end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.