Owen desperate

There's probably quite a few PL clubs interested in him I guess, the issue is that no-one is going to pay him what HE THINKS that he is worth. With his appaling injury record and the fact he has lost most of his pace no club is going to go higher than circa £50/week as a standard salary and most will want to tie him down to performance/fitness based contracts. He was supposed to be on what, £125k/wk at Newcastle, he's going to have to drop his wage demands a long way down (even on a Bosman) before anyone will touch him now.

He's still a good player and will score goals with the right service when fit, the problem everyone is looking at is will he stay fit long enough.

Dobsy87 said:
I don't think we'd want him unless we change the way we play. Hughes seems to be building a squad based upon 4-3-3 which wouldn't suit owen, and like you say he's bound to want first team football. Reckon he'll end up at Spurs.

Think he would rather play in the north west. He's got that big arsed gaff with the stables and race track in cheshire. Owen fit and playing around good players with good service could pick up a decent goal tally for us. IMO he is still got a couple of hero seasons left in him

I think it would be a risk but a good risk to take. When fit he scores goals no doubt about it pay as you play deal would suit every team. I think he is a good option to have and with a World Cup coming up he will want to be there so I expect him to score goals for whoever he signs for. I think Everton are linked with him so I could see them trying to sign him if he drops his wage demands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.