Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

tolmie's hairdoo

Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

for those who think they are even thinking about cutting and running...thought some postive info

A city council contact has told me the owners have in just last few weeks given/are giving/ them £200m to improve the local area and facilities.

They are shocked at how poorly rundown the local vicinity is after an area study.

Will be getting more info, but says it is NOT for buying the stadium - they don't want it at present - and want options elsewhere if needed.

Money has also helped purchase land alongside the stadium for a new training facility.

The money won't be going to build new houses - all commercial and industrial ventures.

Maybe a reason we were attractive in first place and part of the longer-term investment strategy. They aren't gonna make money from this football lark.

Says these guys are well on it and obviously means we may have council over a barrel in terms of improving stadium

Re: Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

A contact of mine says they put down big money to get jobs done quickly. They sorted out a few things that would normally take a few months into a few weeks at the training ground.

Also plans to add seats to the North and South stands have been discussed so buying the ground seems to be of interest to the owners eventually.

Banned Tosspot said:
A contact of mine says they put down big money to get jobs done quickly. They sorted out a few things that would normally take a few months into a few weeks at the training ground.

Also plans to add seats to the North and South stands have been discussed so buying the ground seems to be of interest to the owners eventually.

He did say they put money down quick for a £5m office development which you can see going up at present for admin staff.

About buying stadium, he said the council were taken aback how unimpressed the owners were with apsects of stadium and surrounding areas.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Banned Tosspot said:

He did say they put money down quick for a £5m office development which you can see going up at present for admin staff.

About buying stadium, he said the council were taken aback how unimpressed the owners were with apsects of stadium and surrounding areas.
Funny how builders shift their arses when big money is put down ;)

Banned Tosspot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Funny how builders shift their arses when big money is put down ;)

Ha Ha - pity the manager and players can't do likewise!!

Glad they have real commitment to the club. My worry is that they will give up on what is seemingly an imposible job

Are we moving from Carrington?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.