Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

Re: Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

I don’t understand why they would want to spend £200 million on the local area but have no interest in the stadium?

At the end of the day they are business men surely they would want some sort of return for their investment (or good will gesture )?

Unless of course this is a sweetener ?

Biglebowski said:
I don’t understand why they would want to spend £200 million on the local area but have no interest in the stadium?

At the end of the day they are business men surely they would want some sort of return for their investment (or good will gesture )?

Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Only thing I can think of is that if they want to develop retail/hotel/hospitality outlets around the ground, they probably want the surrounding areas to be spruced up a bit to make them more appealing.

Dubai Blue said:
Biglebowski said:

Only thing I can think of is that if they want to develop retail/hotel/hospitality outlets around the ground, they probably want the surrounding areas to be spruced up a bit to make them more appealing.
Surely it would be better to buy the stadium whilst the area is still under developed, because you would get a better price?

Marvin said:
Are we moving from Carrington?

These pictures I've just seen are of a redevelopment of carrington. They don't give away much to be honest although theres a a trophy cabinet in the reception area with two european cups and a uefa cup in it!

Biglebowski said:
Dubai Blue said:
Biglebowski said:

Surely it would be better to buy the stadium whilst the area is still under developed, because you would get a better price?

they might be thinking of building a new stadium bigger better 80,000 seater £5.00 a ticket every match lol

Marvin said:
Are we moving from Carrington?
We bought some land across the road from the COMS a couple of months ago and the rumours were it would be for a new training complex.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109016</a>

COMS looks very difficult to increase the capacity so if the owners want to make us the best in the world, they will probably build a bigger, better new stadium at another site elsewhere in Manchester.

If they are allowed that is. Or are we tied into some 100 year deal or something at Eastlands. What would happen to COMS if we moved?

blueday said:
COMS looks very difficult to increase the capacity so if the owners want to make us the best in the world, they will probably build a bigger, better new stadium at another site elsewhere in Manchester.
this isnt correct,coms was designed with alowances for further development in north and south stands 'a 3rd tier' this would bring capacity to 65000 i beleive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.