Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

Re: Owners spending £200m - welcome relief

Dubai Blue said:
Forzacitizens said:
lets be honest, i think we need to start winning things before we get up to 65,000 people, thats probably why they arnt interested in it at the moment
There's simply no need for them to buy it, that's why they're not interested.

If you had a 100-year lease on a house, you wouldn't needlessly splash out 200k to buy it outright, and neither will they.

They can still expand the capacity or spruce up the hospitality areas without buying it off the council. Ticket income isn't where football clubs generate their revenue, so I doubt our owners are too arsed about the council taking a cut.

If they expand/improve anything, it will be the hospitality sections as these are relative goldmines for successful clubs (e.g., Arsenal make more per match from their middle tier than Tottenham do from the whole of their stadium).

I am not sure of your logic, DB. If MCC get a slice of sales over 34k, then increasing the capacity by 20k would take further revenue away from ADUG. I was told at the begninning of the year [along with much of the info on here] that the sale of the stadium had been agreed in principle with MCC, but that Sir Howey was being his usual Primadonna-esque self [that's me off the 'guest list'].

Why buy the garden, landscape it and invest in expanding the house without buying the land that it sits on [which is effectively the freehold]? In any event, it may be a requirement to buy the stadium before any or some of the mooted improvements take place. As you know, the Emirates royal families buy property around the world simply for future investment opportunities [e.g., the Lehman's Bros building in New York]. Hence, to not buy land and property that is already generating revenue simply doesn't make any sense to me. But what do I know?

coleridge said:
Dubai Blue said:
Forzacitizens said:
lets be honest, i think we need to start winning things before we get up to 65,000 people, thats probably why they arnt interested in it at the moment
There's simply no need for them to buy it, that's why they're not interested.

If you had a 100-year lease on a house, you wouldn't needlessly splash out 200k to buy it outright, and neither will they.

They can still expand the capacity or spruce up the hospitality areas without buying it off the council. Ticket income isn't where football clubs generate their revenue, so I doubt our owners are too arsed about the council taking a cut.

If they expand/improve anything, it will be the hospitality sections as these are relative goldmines for successful clubs (e.g., Arsenal make more per match from their middle tier than Tottenham do from the whole of their stadium).

I am not sure of your logic, DB. If MCC get a slice of sales over 34k, then increasing the capacity by 20k would take further revenue away from ADUG. I was told at the begninning of the year [along with much of the info on here] that the sale of the stadium had been agreed in principle with MCC, but that Sir Howey was being his usual Primadonna-esque self [that's me off the 'guest list'].

Why buy the garden, landscape it and invest in expanding the house without buying the land that it sits on [which is effectively the freehold]? In any event, it may be a requirement to buy the stadium before any or some of the mooted improvements take place. As you know, the Emirates royal families buy property around the world simply for future investment opportunities [e.g., the Lehman's Bros building in New York]. Hence, to not buy land and property that is already generating revenue simply doesn't make any sense to me. But what do I know?
The ground can't be increased by 20k and anyone who tells you it can is illinformed. Why buy something that has no extra revenue-generating potential?

blueday said:
COMS looks very difficult to increase the capacity so if the owners want to make us the best in the world, they will probably build a bigger, better new stadium at another site elsewhere in Manchester.

That is the plan.

Options include , Fallowfield , simister ,Barton and daisy nook.

Irlamblue said:
blueday said:
COMS looks very difficult to increase the capacity so if the owners want to make us the best in the world, they will probably build a bigger, better new stadium at another site elsewhere in Manchester.

That is the plan.

As long as we're not out of the City of Manchester.

Halfpenny said:
Irlamblue said:
blueday said:

That is the plan.

As long as we're not out of the City of Manchester.

we should buy back maine road, knock down all the houses theyve built on it and build a new stadium there. ahhhh, if carlsberg bought football clubs!

someone suggested they would just build another stadium elswhere in manchester......which makes the whole process of buying the surrounding land and building a 5m admin tower next to the stadium completely pointless......if you ask me were stayin at coms.....my guess is succes will be aimed for before the owners look into the possibility of expanding the stadium

Irlamblue said:
blueday said:

That is the plan.

Daisy feckin nook, feck me God help us if that's case as the traffic's horrendous there when they put a fair on!

Irlamblue said:
blueday said:

That is the plan.

Interesting, but I find myself sceptical.

Fallowfield... where is there any space without flattening hundreds of houses?
Simister, alright there's plenty of open fields, but isn't that Bury?
Barton? No thanks, Joey
Daisy Nook... That's Tameside.

Now then, don a flak jacket one day and walk around the streets of this estate... count the houses that aren't boarded up... I've always wondered what the future will hold for them...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...5083,-2.215548&spn=0.006346,0.027466&t=h&z=16

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.