Oxford United (A) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you've seen City lose to a M'Boro team that didn't have a shot on target, you never exclude the possibility that the opposition can score, without anyone being at fault.

The key is to score three or more goals and ensure that it is (almost) impossible for your opponent to fluke a result.
Go for the throat from the outset with an early goal or two and offer no encouragement. Time to start ramping up the momentum now.

I can't see D. Silva starting, being saved for the weekend, but don't know who will replace him if Bernado is rested, perhaps Delph.

Dave didn't play at Cardiff so he maybe he will play today and in UCL next week. Hard to know but I would have expected him to be rested tonight; hence why I think Ota could play with Stones at DM and Gundo and Foden as inside forwards.

I find it almost impossible to predict the starting 11 correctly although I often get 10 out of 11; not that I regularly go to print with such predictions.

Looking forward to this tonight. I've got a dodgy box (Ooer Mrs) and I've watched every City game(I've not attended)this season. So a nice bath after work whilst listening to forever blue.. then sit down with my chicken Rogan josh and diet pepsi (no beer on school night) and watch some scintillating football..BOOM!! OK, I might have a few cans. :-/ City 4-1.

Last edited:
Go for the throat from the outset with an early goal or two and offer no encouragement. Time to start ramping up the momentum now.

I agree. My biggest ongoing complaint about the team is that it is not clinical enough, especially early in games. They need to make life easier for themselves and notch more from their first few opportunities. We should be killing more games by HT in top level matches let alone against struggling lower tier opposition.

You say that, but I had to stream Saturday from one of the bigger sites, and when i checked what they were trying to do to my MacBook it's terrifying. Constant attempts to gain access to my webcam, mic and other areas. Would gladly pay to watch it safely tbh and I get why they don't do it(stadiums would be empty) but even overseas they are missing a trick.

I've never had that and ive been using streams for years. Sounds like you were clicking the wrong ads etc.

Dave didn't play at Cardiff so he maybe he will play today and in UCL next week. Hard to know but I would have expected him to be rested tonight; hence why I think Ota could play with Stones at DM and Gundo and Foden as inside forwards.

I find it almost impossible to predict the starting 11 correctly although I often get 10 out of 11; not that I regularly go to print with such predictions.
I mentioned pre match that I didn't think Dave would play against Cardiff especially after his performance against Lyon. I think he will play at most once a week now so maybe tonight and Chumps match next Tuesday .
So you could be right
But don't bet on it with Pep in charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.