P.F.A. team of the year announced

--------------------------------EDERSON
WAN-BISSAKA-------VAN DIJK------LAPORTE-------ROBERTSON
STERLING-----------BERNARDO---FERNANDINHO-------HAZARD
------------------------AGÜERO---------SALAH

Tbf not the most balanced team but that's what I'd have gone for.

Pogba has never been in great form
Fine, just make things up.

He scored 8 goals and provided 6 assists in Solskjaer's first 11 games for United. He's not been good enough this season outside of those games to deserve his place in the TOTY but to say he's "never been in good form" is a lie. Crucially in terms of qualifying for the TOTY, he broke into this run of form just as the players were being asked to vote.

Think back to a few months ago, just before Mourinho was sacked - Pogba lead France to a World Cup win after a disappointing season, which meant that quite a lot of the blame for his underwhelming displays for United was pinned on Mourinho. The media narrative was that Pogba was a fantastic player inhibited by an outdated system.

Solskjaer comes in, plays Pogba as a #10, gets him scoring a load of goals, and seemingly reinforces this narrative. If the players being asked to vote are aware of how the media narratives move throughout the season (which, by all accounts, it seems they are) and they see Pogba suddenly performing well, then they vote for him.

It's not necessarily the right decision but there are perfectly logical explanations for Pogba being there.

Personally would have my TOTY as:

Alisson
Doherty, Van Dijk, Laporte, Robertson
Bernardo, Fernandinho, Hazard
Sterling, Aguero, Mané

(Sub TOTY)

Ederson
Alexander-Arnold, Wan-Bissaka, Lascelles, Digne
Salah, Brooks, Jota
Aubameyang, Jimenez, Son

PFA Awards:

2011/12:
Champions: Manchester City
POTY: Robin Van Persie (Arsenal)

2013/14:
POTY: Luiz Suarez (Liverpool)

2017/18:
POTY: Mo Salah (Liverpool)

2018/19:
Champions:
POTY: Van Dijk (Liverpool)

I can not understand why?

PFA Awards:

2011/12:
POTY: Robin Van Persie (Arsenal)

2013/14:
POTY: Luiz Suarez (Liverpool)

2017/18:
POTY: Mo Salah (Liverpool)

2018/19:
Champions:
POTY: Van Dijk (Liverpool)

I can not understand why?

I don’t gave a flying feck who wins these awards. Or who is in the team of the year. The fact that we have been the most successful team in the last 8 years and never had brought foreword a player of the year simply underlines what shite competitions these awards are.
Let’s win the title. That’s what it’s all about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.