P & O

We’re getting to the stage of capitalism where there isn’t much more to cut. Then what happens?
Full social credit. With the very fast increase in technology what jobs will actually be available in the future? I think some warehouses are fully automated and driverless vehicles are coming, there is talk of surgeons being replaced by robots as margin for error or hand shake is negated.

I agree on the alternative reality. It’s like Johnson equating voting for Brexit and fighting the Russians. A lot of Conservative voters and their base think this way. Remember the comments about the EU=USSR? They genuinely think they are freedom fighters rather than addled loons.

That the Ukrainians are literally dying for the right to join the EU makes no impact in their bizarro world.

That has long been true of the eurosceptic right. Unfortunately it is increasingly true of the general population.

Full social credit. With the very fast increase in technology what jobs will actually be available in the future? I think some warehouses are fully automated and driverless vehicles are coming, there is talk of surgeons being replaced by robots as margin for error or hand shake is negated.
Not being able to guarantee WiFi is the biggest stumbling block for robosurgeons.

Didn't realise the UAE were at the root of this. On top of meeting Lavrov, then Assad last week, our owners are really covering themselves in glory.

We’re getting to the stage of capitalism where there isn’t much more to cut. Then what happens?
Sadly I don't think we are. As someone posted earlier, businesses can just hire cheaper labour from somewhere in the world. The poles came over here to drive buses etc, ocean going ships are crewed by philipinos, the south Americans desperately trying to get into the US will work for very low wages because its better than they could get at home. The way to stop it is to vote that private members bill through but of course.......

Sadly I don't think we are. As someone posted earlier, businesses can just hire cheaper labour from somewhere in the world. The poles came over here to drive buses etc, ocean going ships are crewed by philipinos, the south Americans desperately trying to get into the US will work for very low wages because its better than they could get at home. The way to stop it is to vote that private members bill through but of course.......
Isn’t that a consequence of not having other stuff to cut anymore?

Once they’ve employed the cheapest labour they can find, what is next to cut?

Isn’t that a consequence of not having other stuff to cut anymore?

Once they’ve employed the cheapest labour they can find, what is next to cut?
I think there will always be someone worse off, look at the African migrants, risking their lives in a dinghy that wouldn't be allowed on Platt Fields boating lake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.