Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently the Argentinian manager hasn't seen him as finished or he find another right back for the squad, again my post said I think he is being overly criticised myself, but then that would now label myself in the group of "not most" people I suppose.

Makes me wonder how all these other right backs in the prem get into their team or make a living as Zabs is still better than 90% if not more of the other teams right backs.

Bellerin, Coleman, Clyne, Walker, Ivanovic, Debuchy, Valencia, Darmian, Cedric, Nyom, Dja Djedje, Johnson, Manquillo, Trippier, Janmaat, Ward, Rangel, Arbeloa, Barragan, Naughton, Pied.

Edit forgot that cock Simpson

Maybe 4 of the above would beat Zabs for our RB slot.

I'm all for giving youth their chance but we need a steady hand at the back for a little while get this bad run out of the way and start giving Mafeo more game time later in the season if we are well on top, it is more difficult to give a right back more time from the bench, you can slot a midfielder into the mix at 3-0 but it is not expected to bring off a right or left back for a similar scenario, maybe we could still do that, if and when we start giving teams a good thrashing again.

The Zaba of the past 18-24 months hasn't been better than Bellerin, Coleman, Clyne, Walker, Valencia and Cedric off the top of my head and theres a few others there that are at least on par. He's not the same player, his legs have gone and that was a massive part of his game, age catches everyone. Getting in the Argentina team is hardly the bench mark as others have stated with Demichelis still being around the squad.

At the moment our right back situation should be; Sagna starting and Maffeo being rotated. Sagna is currently injured so Maffeo should start and Zaba should be rotated.

Nobody is purposely trying to slate a club legend, performances just speak for themselves. If a new signing had performed the way Zaba had for the past 18-24 months we'd be looking to move them on. Zaba is being shown a bit more leniency which is fine with most of us as he is a good character to having the dressing room but he has become a weak link on the pitch and that could cost us points.

Arguing ????

It was a chat or a discussion, fuck me that is what a forum is about, what a waste of time writing all that rubbish out for it to be tossed off like that lol what a fucking joke.

I also said that Maffeo should be given his chance but not quite fully just yet, some argument eh.

Okay, I'll change arguing to debating. My mistake.

Would love to see him rewarded for his performance with another start today

Great message to send to the kids in the academy. Play out of your skin and don't even make the bench next game.

Great message to send to the kids in the academy. Play out of your skin and don't even make the bench next game.
Guarantee he could barely walk for at least the first 24 hours after wednesday. And if Pep wants to play a back 3 there is no room. He will get more chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.