Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great message to send to the kids in the academy. Play out of your skin and don't even make the bench next game.
He just played the derby for 90 full minutes with Garcia. If that is not the message I don't know what is.He was knackered at the end of it. Also Garcia has made the bench.

How fit are butcher dogs?
b833199f1ebd2e43e440312a0c089213.jpg

must be a shoe-in to start tomorrow.
His chase down of Rashford and interception of the pass right at the end had me on my feet applauding. Ten seconds before he'd been attacking in their box.
If he can't play 2 games in 4 days then we're all fucked...

Agreed stoney but looks like we were wrong, unless he was injured I am completely at a loss how he was dropped!! In Pep we trust and all that but still !!

Agreed stoney but looks like we were wrong, unless he was injured I am completely at a loss how he was dropped!! In Pep we trust and all that but still !!

Pep said in his post-match press conference he was considering Maffeo, but decided for this game we needed more physicality and someone strong in the air to compete with West Brom.

I think it's the right decision. Maffeo's time will come this season.

Pep is not appointed to please the fans favouring certain players. He protected the young player who was clearly exhausted after 95mins and would be up against physical strength from our opponents. And he did what was best for the team result.

Pep is not appointed to please the fans favouring certain players. He protected the young player who was clearly exhausted after 95mins and would be up against physical strength from our opponents. And he did what was best for the team result.
Spot on. We are the first to criticise young players when they don't perform so I would rather see them given opportunity but protected when necessary.

Spot on. We are the first to criticise young players when they don't perform so I would rather see them given opportunity but protected when necessary.
Interesting comment " we are the first to criticise young players". That's exactly true when really "we" should be getting behind them and not criticising them if they don't get it right for a game. But I suppose that's fickle fans for you.

Considering they know more about him than i do, and Guardiola has forgotten more about coaching than i know, then i have to have trust in the way they handle him. And the 4 nowt result backs that up.

Not sure its valid to use the term "dropped" when half the team were picked specifically for that game and were never going to play at WBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.