Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my idea. Bring in LB this window and leave Mendy off the champions league squad. Also if possible sort something out with Sanchez, be it a pre contract for the summer or bring him in in January.
Then in the summer sell/release Mangala, toure, zinchenko and Danilo. Replace them with a new CB ( honestly not sure who to get) Weigl, Sanchez and bring back MAffeo to act as second choice right back.
The squad would look like this
Ederson
Bravo
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Kompany
New CB
Mendy
New LB
Fernandihno
Weigl
Delph
De Bruyne
Silva
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Aguero
Jesus
Sane
Sanchez
That is 21 foreign& homegrown. MAffeo, Tosin, Diaz and Foden would count as academy players.

It might seem controversial to get rid of Danilo but the fact is we have to drop one player if we sign Sanchez and a new LB. I feel Delph has done enough to stay an extra season although where he would play if we had 2 LBs in the squad would be difficult to say. Alternatively we could keep Danilo , sell Delph and replace him with a homegrown LB most likely Bertrand.

With Danilo and Walker, where would he fit?

You just make him fit. He's versatile, Danilo's versatile. Figure it out, that's what every other club in the world does when they have a first class prospect coming through.

Last edited:
@Citywatch

Pablo Maffeo has been named the player with the most potential in Catalan football from the 2016/17 season, beating out Aarón Martín (Espanyol) and Pol Lirola (Sassuolo).

He'll receive his prize next Monday at the Antigua Fàbrica Damm.

Next year:
LB- Mendy/Delph
RB- Walker/Maffeo
Utility: Danilo

Sounds good to me.
Wonder if Pep can convert Danilo into a CB. Having someone that can cover LB, RB, DM and CB would be a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.