Pablo Maffeo

What's the point of having a youth set up, if we don't give them a chance of first team football, to see if they are good enough for our first team. There is only one way of doing that and that is to give them game time, This can only be done with putting one from the junior ranks in the fist team squad on a regular basis, and if we have a good lead to bring them on and see what they can do. Otherwise the football academy will be just a waste of time, eventually the youngsters will not be signing on to the academy's books if it looks like they won't progress and have the chance of playing for the first team. They will eventually go some where else like Arsenal, who are more adept at bring players through the ranks and into the first team then any other club in the premier league.
weve got the best place for a young player to come to learn their trade ,not all the young lads will make it ,but they will get a solid grounding and will be sort after by other clubs , there's too many people who talk through their arses when it comes to the academy, if we get 1 top player every 5 years its a success ,the others will be sold with buy back clauses or other clauses, its doing a brilliant job.

cleavers, If in the future the younger players don't see any chance of progressing to the 1st team, they will not be signing for this club. Thus the academy becomes useless, and will end up costing us money instead of making us money as you see it now. We need to be producing our own players from the academy and not paying out huge sums of money for players like Mahrez, who we will be losing every other year for 6 to 8 weeks because of the African Cup of Nations which is always played in the Jan./Feb.

I am not saying that the whole team has to come from the academy, but I would like to see at least 2/3 players being given a chance to prove themselves in the first team. Take Nmecha, who according to some papers is going to Swansea, should either Sergio or Jesus get a serious injury we are in deep trouble, we will not have any other striker to take the weight of the striker who is left.

What's the point of having a youth set up, if we don't give them a chance of first team football, to see if they are good enough for our first team. There is only one way of doing that and that is to give them game time, This can only be done with putting one from the junior ranks in the fist team squad on a regular basis, and if we have a good lead to bring them on and see what they can do. Otherwise the football academy will be just a waste of time, eventually the youngsters will not be signing on to the academy's books if it looks like they won't progress and have the chance of playing for the first team. They will eventually go some where else like Arsenal, who are more adept at bring players through the ranks and into the first team then any other club in the premier league.
It won't have escaped your notice that we finished 37 points ahead of Arsenal last season. I would argue that our approach is producing more success. How many of those 37 points would you trade for trying out untested youth players?

cleavers, If in the future the younger players don't see any chance of progressing to the 1st team, they will not be signing for this club. Thus the academy becomes useless, and will end up costing us money instead of making us money as you see it now. We need to be producing our own players from the academy and not paying out huge sums of money for players like Mahrez, who we will be losing every other year for 6 to 8 weeks because of the African Cup of Nations which is always played in the Jan./Feb.

I am not saying that the whole team has to come from the academy, but I would like to see at least 2/3 players being given a chance to prove themselves in the first team. Take Nmecha, who according to some papers is going to Swansea, should either Sergio or Jesus get a serious injury we are in deep trouble, we will not have any other striker to take the weight of the striker who is left.

Us as fans want to see them integrated and play with the first team. Management see them train every day, if they were good enough they'd play, simple as. They clearly aren't good enough yet, and most never will be, I think you need to trust the guys who decide not to pick them.

weve got the best place for a young player to come to learn their trade ,not all the young lads will make it ,but they will get a solid grounding and will be sort after by other clubs , there's too many people who talk through their arses when it comes to the academy, if we get 1 top player every 5 years its a success ,the others will be sold with buy back clauses or other clauses, its doing a brilliant job.
Exactly
Failure would be everyone who joins the Academy leaves with no football future.
About time people realised its really a School of Football with the aim of creating a career for most, high grade footballers for some and top quality footballers for few who may or may not make the grade with City.

Exactly
Failure would be everyone who joins the Academy leaves with no football future.
About time people realised its really a School of Football with the aim of creating a career for most, high grade footballers for some and top quality footballers for few who may or may not make the grade with City.
We'll find a gem every so often along with generating a lot of profit through others, it's a win/win situation but only with the best scouts and backroom staff in the game.

I'd love to know the profit margin we'll have after the first ten years since it opened?

We'll find a gem every so often along with generating a lot of profit through others, it's a win/win situation but only with the best scouts and backroom staff in the game.

I'd love to know the profit margin we'll have after the first ten years since it opened?
I guess, due to my background, I’m more concerned that all the lads that pass through the Academy at least make a go of it in professional football.
The money generated is a welcome side issue imo, but a gem every now and again would be brilliant.

ACON is played in the summer now.

They get the best academic and football education in the country by far,it's about them starting out the right way regardless of where they end up,it's a nonsense to say they won't sign.Pep has several who trained with the first team all season and out of those decides what is best for them to keep learning their trade,very naive view of whats it's all about you have there,omly the best players make our team and that is exactly how it should be

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.