Pablo Osvaldo

This transfer window has been a really weird one. Last season , after our failure in the transfer market, we asked for 2 things ; spend early and spend big. If we manage to sign Negredo and Osvaldo, our NET spent would be around the £80M and all this should be completed before our pre-season even begins. In essence, it should be looked at as successful business. However, how much have we actually improved and will it bring us closer to our rivals? The answer would be yes but the truth of the matter is that it simply won't be good enough. Man Utd look set to wrap up a deal for Thiago Alcantara and Arsenal looks set to sign Higuain both for a fee of between £20-£25M. Both are easily game-changers. We would have spent £80M without actually buying any game-changer. The combined cost of Negredo and Osvaldo would be around 40M if rumors are to be believed and is that value for money and better yet, how exactly does this fit in with our "new" transfer policy? Lets put this in perspective - Gotze, Cazorla, Silva, Kun, Yaya, RVP, Hazard, Isco, possibly Thiago and Higuain all went/go for less than 40M and are game changers - Players that make the difference in any situation. Do/Will either Negredo and Osvaldo have the same impact as the players mentioned above - The answer is NO. Osvaldo in particular represents the polar opposite of what we should be looking for. He isn't young, isn't that good, lazy, egotistical and wants to be the star (Through a hissy-fit at only being allowed to play 15 minutes after coming off the bench). I know there will be somebody who says we trust person "X" and he knows more about football than you do. While that might be the case, it doesn't take a genius to see that the players we're being linked with aren't that good. We've somehow managed ( If the deals come off off-course) to spend 80M while with a single signing, we'll still be behind our rivals and even worse, each of the signings represent little to zero resale value due to their age. Never have I seen a more pointless signing than Osvaldo! What we missed last season was that game-changer especially in the absence of Aguero and quite frankly, Negredo or Osvaldo won't solve that problem. Both players would be good for mid-table sides (and sobeit they've been linked with them too because it's their level) but for us simply squad players that bag a goal here and there. The signings of Navas and Fernandinho( Though it was a stupid price for a player that his age and we had ZERO competition for) improved us in certain areas but both Negredo and Osvaldo in particular offer us no real upgrade from Tevez and in fact offer us a downgrade on a player that on his day was amongst the best in Europe. Sorry to go on a rant but I just don't see what whoever is in charge of transfers (Txiki and Ferran) are doing.

itisrising said:
This transfer window has been a really weird one. Last season , after our failure in the transfer market, we asked for 2 things ; spend early and spend big. If we manage to sign Negredo and Osvaldo, our NET spent would be around the £80M and all this should be completed before our pre-season even begins. In essence, it should be looked at as successful business. However, how much have we actually improved and will it bring us closer to our rivals? The answer would be yes but the truth of the matter is that it simply won't be good enough. Man Utd look set to wrap up a deal for Thiago Alcantara and Arsenal looks set to sign Higuain both for a fee of between £20-£25M. Both are easily game-changers. We would have spent £80M without actually buying any game-changer. The combined cost of Negredo and Osvaldo would be around 40M if rumors are to be believed and is that value for money and better yet, how exactly does this fit in with our "new" transfer policy? Lets put this in perspective - Gotze, Cazorla, Silva, Kun, Yaya, RVP, Hazard, Isco, possibly Thiago and Higuain all went/go for less than 40M and are game changers - Players that make the difference in any situation. Do/Will either Negredo and Osvaldo have the same impact as the players mentioned above - The answer is NO. Osvaldo in particular represents the polar opposite of what we should be looking for. He isn't young, isn't that good, lazy, egotistical and wants to be the star (Through a hissy-fit at only being allowed to play 15 minutes after coming off the bench). I know there will be somebody who says we trust person "X" and he knows more about football than you do. While that might be the case, it doesn't take a genius to see that the players we're being linked with aren't that good. We've somehow managed ( If the deals come off off-course) to spend 80M while with a single signing, we'll still be behind our rivals and even worse, each of the signings represent little to zero resale value due to their age. Never have I seen a more pointless signing than Osvaldo! What we missed last season was that game-changer especially in the absence of Aguero and quite frankly, Negredo or Osvaldo won't solve that problem. Both players would be good for mid-table sides (and sobeit they've been linked with them too because it's their level) but for us simply squad players that bag a goal here and there. The signings of Navas and Fernandinho( Though it was a stupid price for a player that his age and we had ZERO competition for) improved us in certain areas but both Negredo and Osvaldo in particular offer us no real upgrade from Tevez and in fact offer us a downgrade on a player that on his day was amongst the best in Europe. Sorry to go on a rant but I just don't see what whoever is in charge of transfers (Txiki and Ferran) are doing.
Jesus Navas! Gamechanger as fuck

SergioInAddedTime said:
itisrising said:
Jesus Navas! Gamechanger as fuck
I like the lad and he will most probably be a great player for us but do you think he can be like an RVP? Has he got the ability to carry us? Great player and can win you set pieces but doesn't offer a great return in front of goal and isn't in that bracket of "world class".

itisrising said:

We are in a much better position than last season imho. A couple more shrewd signings then I will be pleased in our dealings. I can't speak for the rest though.

Ray78 said:
itisrising said:

We are in a much better position than last season imho. A couple more shrewd signings then I will be pleased in our dealings. I can't speak for the rest though.

Are either Osvaldo or Negredo "shrewd signings"? My thinking in all this is with the money we could spend on them, we could go out a get a bonafide world class striker who, with Aguero, can change the game for us like what RVP done with the rags.

itisrising said:

Agree with most of what your saying but I do think Navas will be a brilliant signing. If we get no "game changer" then with a fit Van Persie I think the rags are clear favs to retain the title.

itisrising said:
Ray78 said:
itisrising said:

Are either Osvaldo or Negredo "shrewd signings"? My thinking in all this is with the money we could spend on them, we could go out a get a bonafide world class striker who, with Aguero, can change the game for us like what RVP done with the rags.

Negredo yes Osvaldo no. However if Pellegrini is happy with Osvaldo then no problems from me. If the team improves its European form then complain about the lack of shiny signings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.