Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bullshit agent, no histrionics on or off the pitch, just a warrior that gives his all every time he puts the shirt on, can't, ask much more from any modern day player.

Absolutely.

For me, Legend means more than playing ability or contribution to success. It has an indefinable but deeply felt quality of connection and spirit between fans, club and player. Zabs, Kompany and Aguero are absolute club Legends to me. They give their all. They don't play prima donna contract games. They always fight.

One or two others have been great players, even fantastic players. We've been lucky to have them and we're grateful for their immense contributions but there isn't a mutuality.

Zabs for me, epitomises the football warrior. He's been our best right back since Tony Book and I'm so pleased he's proving he's still got something left in the tank.

My favourite City player ever. Who's Still doing a job for us. Along with Vinny I hope the club do the correct thing and offer them a role at the club for life, on retirement. The two of them are City.

He isn't a liability, so its fine for me. We can buy better ofcourse but the buy won't have as much heart. This is his last season probably hope he over anyone in the world enjoys it. Never will I see someone so grounded, so attached to this club and who truly thinks that the club is his home.

His wave to the fans, during the game on Wednesday, when we sang his song, showed how much he cares. A true blue, love him being captain too!

Legend. Been the journey, grown with the club and shown his true colours to the bone. His battle scars are his tattoos, his history and his legacy. Legend.

Blue through and through. He was great on Weds night - had lots of energy and pace about him, which he seemed to lack last season. Again the difference the manager has made is there for all to see.

Pretty much spot on Zim. Zab's turn and catch-up when being run at by a pacey winger is a lot slower now and i've seen several wingers go past him this season. Having said that, his other qualities (control, positioning, leadership, distribution and aggression) make up for that lack of sharpness.

On a side note i'd like to see ever supporter sporting a head bandage as a show of appreciation next time MadPab runs out at the Etihad..

Good idea, there could be a market for that .... Strokes chin (:

Love zab, he's one of my all time favourite city players, however, I can already imagine a hybrid of his qualities, meshed with Sagna's... Two new, completely fresh fullbacks, dare I say it kicks us on another level, if that's even possible!!

Good idea, there could be a market for that .... Strokes chin (:

Love zab, he's one of my all time favourite city players, however, I can already imagine a hybrid of his qualities, meshed with Sagna's... Two new, completely fresh fullbacks, dare I say it kicks us on another level, if that's even possible!!

I'm coming to the conclusion you are ageist, I think @stony and @oakiecokie should be afraid to be around you.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I think zab is not 100% fit yet, though you're right that against some teams Sagna may be the better choice. But don't worry, I'm not vexed at you:)

We're crossing paths it seems on all things 'fitness'...

I think it's the general consensus that zab, indeed is on the decline, you'd be Helen Kellers stunt double not to see it... And yet again, previous injuries have taken there toll on a player, along with mother time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.