Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zin is right on this and Merlin, Mother time waits for no man but both look much slimmer and fitter this season, as does the whole squad and are not the finished players a few thought they where, myself included i will add.

Biggest shock for many on here will be Vinny imo as the form of both Stones and Otamendi and the sudden re birth of AK is going to make it really hard for him to come back in and reclaim his spot, even if he does stay fit.

Right in your own little world... as per

Age effects different players at different rates, you seem to think that 30 is the end for all... we should have had Stony and Oakie put down decades ago if thats the case.

My world is where it's at.... i didn't realise those two fogies were prem footballers..

And the modern player is indeed declining much quicker due to the demands of the game!!

My world is where it's at.... i didn't realise those two fogies were prem footballers..

And the modern player is indeed declining much quicker due to the demands of the game!!

I think a player like Zaba who is high energy and intensity will feel the effects of age faster than someone like little Dave, who with his style should be able to play into his mid thirties, maybe not in the PL mind. Then of course there is physiology that players mature at different rates and therefore go over the hill at different rates, some are bearded and fully mature at 16 and others still dont have to shave at 20. Horses for courses Zin, my dear old thing.

Stony's double hip replacement and Oakie's crutches tend to slow them down these days, not sure they can get up and down the touchline like they used to.

I think this will be Zaba's last year. He has lost a bit & in his position it's not something he can afford.

But at least he's going out as a valued member of the squad & will play a part in whatever happens this season.

Agree. Most of the problems come down Zaba's side when he plays. He's been a great servant but it's evident that he's on the decline now.

Fuk me, I listened to Zabs interview after the Gladbach game. He sounds English. I had to strain to pick up any Spanish accent. I was right shocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.