Pablo Zabaleta

MCFC_Freestyler said:
also in the first half barry pinged one to him on the right wing, it ended up looking like it was gonna go out for a goalkick, but zabs somehow managed to stretch and deliver an amazing cross, most players would of given up on it.

reminded me slightly of the 5th goal by Hinchy in the derby when Davey White crossed it - if Ade or Santa had been in the box it would have been buried and a contender for goal of the month.

The only advantage Richards has over Zaba is his aerial ability.As a footballer it isnt a contest.Zaba is a better passer,better in tackle and is a lot more mobile.

Damocles said:
This is a real selection problem to be honest.

Zab has played excellent when called upon, but Micah is probably the better player on his day. Glad I'm not Hughes at the moment.

Hughes got rid of Dunne for being excellent sometimes, and making silly mistakes. By this criterion, Richards' days are numbered. He should probably get the benefit of the doubt as he is far younger than Dunne and has the potential to be absolute quality if he can get his concentration sorted but in the current atmosphere of 'no excuses' that Hughes portrays I'm not sure if it will. I must admit though, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we bag a top quality RB in January. It would be a crying shame though.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree with you more!! Zabaleta is far more skilful than Richards. All Micah has over Zabaleta is pace and height. Last night showed what a footballing right back gives you going forward.

Zabbadabbadooda was magnificent last night...people are questioning his heading but he's no slouch for a no so big guy.Also he sticks his head in where it hurts and never backs out....And this guy is one hard bastard as well..

Got the gig for me ...

And he will also take over the legend that is Javier Zanetti as RB for the Argies whe "El Tractore" retires...

The problem with Micah is that really, imho, he is a central defender who can't concentrate for all of the game therefore he has been manufactured into a right back. He does not have the passing ability or confidence on the ball under presssure to be a consistent right back.
He needs to completely reassess his playing abiliy and learn that the game has to be concentrated fully for the whole 90 minutes.
I genuinely like Micah Richards but Zabaleta is by far the better option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.