Pablo Zabaleta

I genuinely don't think any City fan could play with more heart, passion and fight than Zaba has done for us for these last nine years. As someone else has said he really is everything you could ever ask for in a City player and I will be absolutely gutted to see him go. He deserves to play and enjoy the last couple of years of his playing career so it's definitely the right decision by both parties but I hope the club always leave the door open for him to return in some respect whether it's as a youth team coach or whatever who cares, he would just be a brilliant person to have as a role model at the club.

You were claiming that he'd been overplayed and lost his pace because of injury. I recall blood and plenty of challenges, but not many serious injuries. I think he might have had a knee injury last season and that was the first lengthy injury I can remember him having
2 serious knee injuries and a bunch of hamstring injuries, after one particular hamstring injury in 2013 he was rushed back to play when Micah crippled himself and was never the same athletically after that. Apart from that he played a stupid amount of games for a full back from January 2012 to the start of last season and as we see with players that debut early there's only so many minutes in one pair of legs.

You've no need to worry Guardiola's ego won't allow Zaba to even get on the pitch until at least the 70th minute! You can practically set your watches by the time he substitutes!!
Bring back MP, was always the 60th minute with him.

Just a legend. I remember when he first joined and he looked a bit dodgy diving into tackles and picking up red cards and you wondered if he was gonna make it with us. Well he soon changed everyones opinion of him. Made the RB position his and quickly became what many fans, players and pundits said was the best full back in the league. Always gave his all to the cause, put his body on the line and never caused any trouble. And an absolute gentleman off the pitch as well. I really don't think the fans will connect with another player the way they did with Zaba. He is just one of us. Good luck for the remainder of your career and hope we see you back here when you have retired.

You've no need to worry Guardiola's ego won't allow Zaba to even get on the pitch until at least the 70th minute! You can practically set your watches by the time he substitutes!!
He's one of us, so says this thread. He wants to win on Tuesday and he'd love to play.

Great servant for the club. Back during Mancini era, even before the season started people here already writing him off and saying fan favorite Micah will be first choice RB and zaba playing in limited role or sold. Zaba proved them wrong and solidified the RB position as his own. A true warrior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.