Pablo Zabaleta

I can't remember a more emotional occasion for a departing player.

Tuesday night is going to be so hard because he played for the club, the team and most importantly for the fans.

All the best Zab.

Zabaleta: "I remember Alex Ferguson talking about the ‘noisy neighbours.’ For me, we couldn’t let people say something like that about us."

Zabaleta: "We had to work really hard to become a better club, and look at where we are today. I'm very happy and proud to have been part."

Zabaleta: "It’s been a wonderful nine years. To be honest when I first came to Manchester, I never thought it would be that long."

Zabaleta: "As a player, as a fan, it was a dream to come and have the opportunity to play in the PL. City gave me that opportunity."

Zabaleta: "It will be an emotional moment for me (Tuesday night). It will probably be my last game in a City shirt in front of the fans."

I honestly can't remember, can't have been no more than 15k there.

I was there it was just over 23k and fair play to the rags they sold there end! It was the first time that when they subbed the rag players they got a bit of a clap weird really but as a club then we were skint and a shambles.

I remember reading a city blog where some clown called him a failure.

Lets have a few more failures like Zab please.

Gutted to see him leave - he along with Vinny, Hart have been the most vocal and passionate out of the group to have shown their love for City. Where as Silva and Aguero are in themselves legends but done it quietly -

Yaya who is also a legend just ruined it through the antics of his agent.

Really hope Zaba comes back as a coach or ambassador for the club

Zaba really is "THE ****** man". I remember being impressed that City had signed an Argentine full back and expected to see a rugged, ruthless, hard tackling column of granite! In his debut against Chelsea he was somewhat overshadowed by Robinho's first appearance - but what a contrast in attitude and application that turned out to be! At first Zaba had a tendency to dive in to tackles and this led to some trouble, notably his sending off against the scousers when we led 2-1 but lost 3-2 in the end. But his level of commitment, his ceaseless effort and his unflagging energy were something we hadn't seen in a City shirt for years, and this was typified by his first goal for the club - the winner at home to Wigan, for which he ran through everything (including a brick wall had there been one!) before hitting a screamer into the net. Then he showed his defensive qualities to defend the lead after Dunny had been sent off virtually straight from the kick off. The thing that really impressed, though, was his determination to improve. At the end of his first 2 or 3 seasons there were always those who thought he was "just a squad player" and would lose his place in the team, but every season Zaba came back and was better than ever. We all knew that what we'd actually got was one of the best attacking full backs in the world as the Argentine national team soon acknowledged. It says something that Tony Pulis said that Zaba was the best attacking full back he'd ever seen! Obviously, no-one will ever forget the opening goal in the game against QPR or the world cup final of 2014, in which Zaba, along with our other Argentine lads came within a whisker of winning the world cup.

Zaba is a credit to himself, his family, our club and the game. I thank him for all he has done at City, it really won't be the same without him and wish him the best for the future. He is "simply the best. Better than all the rest."

I was there it was just over 23k and fair play to the rags they sold there end! It was the first time that when they subbed the rag players they got a bit of a clap weird really but as a club then we were skint and a shambles.

I seem to remember the rags brought pretty much a full team but took off all their England players after about 20 minutes as they were all due to play in an international match a couple of days later. About 5 minutes later City scored and some bloke near us said that it showed if you take those 6 or 7 internationals out of their team they aren't much better than us! The black humour we were famous for.

then PLEASE everyone stay until the end and give zab the respect of love that he deserves!
I normally don't give the early leavers a second thought. In my mind, they've shelled out for their ticket and they can do what they like. But, this once, it would be nice if those fortunate enough to be there tomorrow night managed to stay put after the final whistle and give the bloke the send off he deserves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.