Pablo Zabaleta

I remember exactly where I was when I heard we'd signed him. In a packed Wetherspoons in Sunderland ahead of our game there, when the yellow SSN ticker started scrolling across the screen announcing that we'd signed him from Espanyol. Looking back, it's astonishing how he has managed to establish himself as a modern-day club legend, given how much the club has been transformed in the past 9 seasons. Not only that, it took him a fair while to cement his place in the team and show us just how good a player he is and with the huge turnover of players in those early years of the takeover, he could've easily been moved on. When Boateng signed, I thought Zab would be on his way and even during the 11-12 title season, it was Micah who got the nod the majority of the time but Zab managed to nail down the spot in the last 10 games or so.
I remember the game well - we won 3 0 - SWP (another who gave everything for us) scoring twice.

Some players are not the most gifted , but if they work at their game and give 100% in everything they do for the club then you have the making of a legend , the player/warrior i most revered in the many years supporting the club was undoubtedly Mike "Tommy" Doyle for his attitude and love of our club but Pablo Zabaleta is his equal , and i couldnt pay him a higher compliment. Just hope supporters who normally get an early dart (obviously excluding the young uns who are at school and their parents) will stay to the end on Tuesday and give him the send-off he thoroughly deserves , its usually midnight when i get home from a mid week game , so if i don't get home until 1am , it will be worth it

This is from Goal's Sam Lee:

City have planned a special celebration of Zabaleta's nine-year spell with the club, including a montage featuring contributions from prominent fans as well as team-mates past and present.

It is also believed Zabaleta, rather than manager Pep Guardiola, will address fans via the public address system after the full-time whistle.

Club planning a montage and comments from prominent fans and players past and present. Plus he will address the crowd rather than Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.