Pakistan v Iran conflict?

These attacks and skirmishes have been ongoing since 2013 at least.

I thought Pakistan would have had a much better military than Iran and could wipe them out pretty easily as long as Russia didn't get involved.
Seems a bit strange to be attacking them.

Both countries fund rival terror groups and harbor them, this is just retaliation for the Iranian strikes the day before.

Someone more clued up on this,what’s the bad blood between Pakistan and Iran ?

On their shared borders are the Baluchistans that want independence and their own state. This also includes the bottom of Afghanistan. Both sides get attacked by separatists and blame the other country for harbouring them. Seems abit like the Kurd situation in Iraq and Turkey.

bit of background to this (extremely) complex relationship. Always remember, friendships with other states, e.g. Saudi Arabia, muddy the waters on any other agreements/disagreements in this region of the world.

Further complications from Afghanistan, particularly ISIS there;

Both countries fund rival terror groups and harbor them, this is just retaliation for the Iranian strikes the day before.

3 countries have to give up land for the Baluchistan's to have their own state, I can't see that happening any day soon and I can't see either Iran,Pakistan or Afghanistan telling the truth on anything at all either.

Expect this conflict to continue as long as the sun waxes and wanes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.