Pakistan v Iran conflict?

Apart from Laurel it appears worthwhile stans are in short supply or rans for that matter.

Currently in this global shitshow my leanings are very much Ukraine Palenstine and Cornwall. This latest one is a toughie Pakistan or Iran, fuck me its the rags vs candlepool conundrum.

I'm waiting to see what Joey Barton has to say.

Pakistan have been supporting the Taliban forever and other mental groups. They aren’t trusted by our intelligence services, so I don’t really have a dog in this race. Both regimes are medieval and out to get us. When the Yanks done in Old Bin they never informed them they were on the way, that tells you everything you need to know. Iran is changing slowly, the young generation want the Ayatolahfuckwits out. All to play for.

For sure. It’s containable if it’s the first to go - assuming Russia doesn’t get involved which is far from certain and how much are they pulling the strings on this? Nonetheless we’ve seen how a fairly contained conflict in Israel and Gaza has focused minds to keep it that way, drawing attention away from Ukraine and leading to more questioning of contribution levels.

North Korea have just scrapped their long term aim of peaceful unification with the south and shut all agencies.

This is troubling as the two countries are still technically at war and it’s hard to shake a feeling of Russian meddling here. The US is going to need to consider the deteriorating situation when considering its contributions to other potential flashpoints particularly following on from the Washington Declaration last year.

Iran is just chucking missiles at countries or giving support to militant groups.

Russia - Iran - North Korea are all being a bit mischievous shall we say and it’s hard to think that there isn’t a level of coordination. China is probably the one power we should be trying our hardest to court right now - they’ve got zero interest in this going to shit. Would be great if they were to contribute to Operation Prosperity Guardian in the Red Sea, they are a maritime global trader and it’s in their interests - it would isolate Iran a bit more and might rein in Russia and North Korea.
China are key here. While Xi might be effectively a dictator he's not an isolationist tin pot idiot like Russia or Iran. The Chinese know which way their bread is buttered and they benefit as much as the democratic West does from huge global trade deals and outward facing politics. They're sitting carefully on the fence, which to me seems like a very sensible place to be for them and probably good for the world order in general.

But I'm no geopolitics expert, I'm just a bloke who enjoys politics and economics books and podcasts so could be talking nonsense.

Pakistan have been supporting the Taliban forever and other mental groups. They aren’t trusted by our intelligence services, so I don’t really have a dog in this race. Both regimes are medieval and out to get us. When the Yanks done in Old Bin they never informed them they were on the way, that tells you everything you need to know. Iran is changing slowly, the young generation want the Ayatolahfuckwits out. All to play for.

That isn't so true really, Pakistan have been the victim to multiple terror attacks by the Taliban over the years, they struggle to control them in the mountains they just go back over the border into Afghanistan.

That isn't so true really, Pakistan have been the victim to multiple terror attacks by the Taliban over the years, they struggle to control them in the mountains they just go back over the border into Afghanistan.
They helped establish them mate. They could never have taken control without their support. America put pressure on to pull back and that’s when they attacked.

Quite open racism here, showing a fair old depth of ignorance.

Look at imperial history then judge.

Someone more clued up on this,what’s the bad blood between Pakistan and Iran ?
Religion, and terrorism - sunni v shia, same as many other conflicts in the region (there other factions too).

3 countries have to give up land for the Baluchistan's to have their own state, I can't see that happening any day soon and I can't see either Iran,Pakistan or Afghanistan telling the truth on anything at all either.
Same as the Kurd issue further north, who also want an independant state, and will never get one.

Turkey generally treat them as terrorists.
Iraq and Iran tollerate them to a degree, so long as they're not commiting terrorism.
In Syria they're just one of many factions happily fighting each other and the syrian government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.