Palace - Post Match Thread

scoring the early goal made a massive difference, it meant that Palace couldn't play 9 at the back like the rags. De Bruyne looks so much better when hes got space to play into and it helps his game when we are on the front foot. Whether we had scored 5 with Aguero in the team is a hypothetical question because most of the time he doesn't get the space. When we won the league under Pellegrini, we had 4 players who scored 20 goals that season, now we have only Aguero, which puts so much pressure on his shoulders and also highlights his misses which were always there

Did I imagine things on Saturday, or was the journo correct? Someone called Paul Hirst, reporting in yesterday's "Times", said a couple of things that made me wonder who was right.
Apparently Caballero was untroubled, but made a fine save to his right from Benteke. Sterling drilled in a goal with a right-footed drive.
I could have sworn that Willy dived to his left, and Raheem used his left foot. Was I seeing things, or was Hirst (whoever he is) in error? And if a journo can't get the basics right, how can we trust what we read, either fact or opinion?
Please tell me I'm not suffering from an optical defect.

Came across this on Google mate :
Paul Hirst has joined The Times as a reporter on the sports desk. Hirst, previously chief football writer at the Press Association, will cover Manchester United and City, as well as other clubs in the north-west.

you're not imagining anything, Caballero dived to HIS left and sterling finished with his left foot. We all make mistakes but as you say, basic stuff.

Another new thread about absolute nothing. Could you not stick this in with complaints about Garth Crooks team of the week? A new thread because a journo had got the direction of a save and use of a foot wrong.

And why would you want to trust somebody's opinion? The key word is opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.